Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peregrine Aero Shoe buckle prototypes are in!
Quote | Reply
You may have seen this prior thread where I talked about my idea for an aero tri/cycling shoe.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...bike%20shoe#p6645887

Well, things are moving forward. Two factories will be receiving prototype buckles soon to try out. I made a little video showing them off.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Peregrine Aero Shoe buckle prototypes are in! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bumping this once.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When can we buy!!!!??? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll in for a pair, but I am willing to wager that they won't come in my size, just like about every other pair of shoes I want in life...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks cool! Hope it works out for you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish you the best of luck with this product. I'd encourage you to:
  • offer a wide fit
  • make the sole compatible with both Speedplay and SPD-SL (look at Northwave's sole)
  • in general position the cleats more toward the mid foot.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing more info as these progress
Quote Reply
Re: Peregrine Aero Shoe buckle prototypes are in! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks -

On wide fit - It is unlikely I will be making enough of these (yet) to offer them in different widths. Inventory management, manufacturing planning and tooling costs are daunting enough with a full run of sizes in just one width!! A wide shoe is an unaerodynamic shoe - but if you need a wide shoe, you need a wide shoe. I'm going to have to make a decision on last width based on fitting the largest cross section of the market that I can, but *perhaps* with a slight bias towards narrower in order to maintain the best possible aerodynamic advantage. I'm assuming your foot does not fit well in Giros? Since the closure system does not squeeze the side of your foot, but just clamps your foot down to the footbed, do you think that might help you wear a narrower shoe?

I like Northwave's sole. Would be nice to have a lower stack option for speedplays and still work with SPD-SL.

The more aft I move the cleat from the "standard" range of positions, (and the whole standard range will be available) the less of the sole shape I can optimize, and the more drag the shoe will have, so I think the shoe will allow for the cleat positions most people favor, but maybe not for people who like a mid foot position.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, I find giro constricting, but Specialized and Bontrager good. Do you have any idea when they’ll be available to purchase 6 months 1yr? Etc... or too early to say..
Quote Reply
Re: Peregrine Aero Shoe buckle prototypes are in! [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too early to say.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bont is literally the only shoe on the market that I can wear. Anything else inflames my neuroma. Food for thought: a wide shoe can be made narrower. A narrow shoe cannot be made wider. Also, near mid-foot cleat placement is more popular than I think you realize. Walk through a transition area and look at people's shoes and you'll see that the vast majority have their cleats racked as far rearward as they can get them.
Quote Reply
Re: Peregrine Aero Shoe buckle prototypes are in! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Bont is literally the only shoe on the market that I can wear. Anything else inflames my neuroma. Food for thought: a wide shoe can be made narrower. A narrow shoe cannot be made wider. Also, near mid-foot cleat placement is more popular than I think you realize. Walk through a transition area and look at people's shoes and you'll see that the vast majority have their cleats racked as far rearward as they can get them.

Really I did not know that about clear placement

I was sized many years ago and have them up towards the ball of the shoe

Do you think I would be faster if I moved them back?

Actually I just took a look. The middle of the peddal is 1/2” back from the bone that protrudes out from the side of the foot. So approx 1/2” back from the ball of the foot
Last edited by: RBR: Aug 1, 18 10:44
Quote Reply
Re: Peregrine Aero Shoe buckle prototypes are in! [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I suspect many triathletes go through the same general process: get a bike fit, go for a long ride or brick, have sore calves, seek out advice, be told to move cleats back, do so and find it helps, repeat.... until eventually the cleats are as far back as they’ll go. Keep in mind you have to lower your saddle too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks good dude let me know when they’re available. Hopefully back at it next year.
Quote Reply