Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peloton v. trainer
Quote | Reply
I have a Cycleops magnetic trainer I have used for the past few years, with the P-1 pedals and either Trainerroad or just with my own workouts. My wife uses the Peloton and loves it. She is not competitive, doesn't race, but likes the content of the spin classes and it keeps her motivated. For the past few months, I have been using the Peloton to try something different. I have discovered that I can get a very good workout with the Peloton classes, and the time seems to go by very quickly. I primarily use the power zone classes. Even though I have not done a FTP test on the Peloton, I have a good idea of my power zones. The spin instructors give you a range anyway. I have to say I am impressed by the quality of the workouts. I am drenched in sweat at the end of each ride, and feel like I worked very hard.

Just figured I would share my experience with the Peloton. It is expensive, but with now three people in my family using it on a regular basis, the price is worth it for us. I also find that it is much more stable riding out of the saddle compared to the trainer.
Quote Reply
Re: Peloton v. trainer [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer the peloton power zone workouts as being similar to TrainerRoad but more engaging. I prefer the bike because it’s much quieter than my kickr setup. I’ve been way more consistent with the Peloton than I ever maintained with Zwift or TrainerRoad. Two of us use it
Quote Reply