Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peloton power accuracy
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Peloton for the last few months and finding it to be a great workout and very motivating. I am aware that there is not a powermeter on the bike, and that it estimates the power output based on cadence and resistance. I normally can average anywhere from 275-300 watts doing a twenty minute FTP test with my Stages crank PM. I did the Peloton FTP test and came up with very similar results, 275 for an FTP of 262. I have found the power zone workouts to be very accurate in terms of RPE.

I just wanted to share an example of the Peloton coming up with what I consider to be an accurate power reading in comparison. It certainly is close enough for training purposes.
Quote Reply
Re: Peloton power accuracy [Pieman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pieman wrote:
I have been using the Peloton for the last few months and finding it to be a great workout and very motivating. I am aware that there is not a powermeter on the bike, and that it estimates the power output based on cadence and resistance. I normally can average anywhere from 275-300 watts doing a twenty minute FTP test with my Stages crank PM. I did the Peloton FTP test and came up with very similar results, 275 for an FTP of 262. I have found the power zone workouts to be very accurate in terms of RPE.

I just wanted to share an example of the Peloton coming up with what I consider to be an accurate power reading in comparison. It certainly is close enough for training purposes.

DCR just tested the new Bike+... and compared power data using his power meter pedals... surprisingly very accurate. Check out his review.

FYI... my non + Pelo was off by 25%. After calibration... was still still off 10% or so, but better.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Oct 14, 20 17:22
Quote Reply