Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Peeing at night - DIAGNOSED
Quote | Reply
I went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with... Prostatitis. He basically asked me a bunch of questions and then stopped after he heard I was a triathlete. Evidently riding the bike can cause an inflammation in the prostate which could lead to the symptoms that I had (constant peeing at night, sore abdomen, feeling like I have to pee even when I don't).

It seems to be going away on its own (with the help of sex and cranberry juice) so he didn't prescribe antiobiotics.
He did say a blood test wouldn't be a bad idea to rule out diabetes but no rush.

Thanks for everyone's help and scaring me into seeing a doctor.
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night - DIAGNOSED [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT never ceases to amaze me how regarding health issues it's more effective to go to the doctor than to ask about it in the forum... ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean you didn't get the finger wave? I'd go back and make him do it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Sex and Cranberry Juice"

Sounds like a great name for a triathlete rock band
Quote Reply
Re: Peeing at night - DIAGNOSED [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri_bri2 is right about the finger wave. Antibiotics will not solve your problem.

I did a program of antibiotics combined with a half dozen finger waves over a period of a few weeks. I have been in good shape for two years now.

This condition is not usually cured, but you might have a lot of success controlling it.

I recommend you deal with the finger waves.
Quote Reply