Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pedals. What to get?
Quote | Reply
Need new pedals. I’ve used look my whole tri career, 10+ years. I’ve heard that speed play aero saves about 5 watts, but I assume that’s compared to a really ‘slow’ pedal and not compared a look carbon blade. Is there any reason why I shouldn’t buy another set of look carbon blades?
Quote Reply
Re: Pedals. What to get? [Afg53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. No reason.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd get what you like and know works. ... And matches whatever you have on all your other bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the same boat of riding look my whole career (7 years) and can assure you no one has beat me / I haven't beat anyone because of the pedals. I had speed plays on my road bike and like them but do find they get dirt stuck in the cleats more often. If you have to stop at the mount line to clear dirt out of your shoe you lose any possible gains. Not an issue if you do a flying mount with shoes on the bike but most ironman branded races don't let you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're only doing Tri, no reason to switch. If you're doing or planning on doing TTs, where 40Ks are often won by 3 seconds or less (and I've seen less than 1 second), then switching to the Speedplays could make the difference.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Looks have worked all these years then I would stay with them. I've used both Speed Play (not the Aero's) and Look, and prefer the Looks.

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply