Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Francois
Re: Pedalling tech. [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I've noticed this as well. I use this technique because I'm such a poor climber (meaning I'm a big, fat guy).

Something else. I've heard AC comment that the hip flexors are "small" and "weak" but I suspect that hip flexor strength varies wildly among the general population and that some people simply have naturally well-developed hip flexors. Skaters, gymnasts, and roller bladers seem to have pretty big ones to my eyes. I've got a female friend who converted from gymnastics to power lifting and her hip flexors are enormous (she wears tights all the time). The point of this is that I suspect that the range of improvement from power cranks would be quite broad because of this genetic difference.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Pedalling tech. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A guy named Ralph Ray once developed and marketed a device called a "Spin Stand" or something like that. You installed it on your indoor trainer and did his one legged pedalling drills or "Isolated Leg Training": ILT. This had an incredible effect on my illio psoas (sp?) muscle and my anterior tibialis (sp?- not a doctor). To me Powercranks are the next evolution of this idea, and I believe they really work when correctly employed.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pedalling tech. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that sort of like ankling?

Re: Pedalling tech. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
except of course pedaling power is limited by blood/heart/lungs not muscles.

otherwise it wouldn't do pantani any good to dope and it clearly did, he was tiny =)

Tom Demerly wrote:
A guy named Ralph Ray once developed and marketed a device called a "Spin Stand" or something like that. You installed it on your indoor trainer and did his one legged pedalling drills or "Isolated Leg Training": ILT. This had an incredible effect on my illio psoas (sp?) muscle and my anterior tibialis (sp?- not a doctor). To me Powercranks are the next evolution of this idea, and I believe they really work when correctly employed.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply