Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pearl running shoes???
Quote | Reply
Any experience with the new Pearl Izumi running shoes. Especially the OUT and PUSH? How is the cushionning? Thanks !
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl running shoes??? [richard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard,

I tried both of these the first week I was able to get them from RoadRunnerSports. I was very excited to try these shoes because of their simple design and classic sharp look. With that in mind, I was very disappointed once they got on my feet running. They have tons of cushioning, especially in the heel but to the point that it affected the dynamics of my stride. The heel has so much cushion that it got in the way. I found myself tripping over these shoes. This may have just been me. The uppers were very comfortable. I have a really narrow foot (B) and found that they fit pretty good. They don't breath as good as they look though. I would say check a pair out and return them if they don't work for you. My guess is that next year Pearl will make some changes and they they will get closer to a really good shoe.

Daniel
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl running shoes??? [textrirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniel,
Thanks for the info. What brand/model do you use usually? Thx
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl running shoes??? [richard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Richard,

Too bad Slowtwitch doesn't have more posts on running. I guess bikes are just more fun to talk about. Anyhow...back to your question. I think that the best shoes made right now, and are in fact are somewhat of marathoner's sercret, are Mizunoes. These shoes are amazing. They are light, the wave technology blows every other type of cushoning out of the water (air, abzorb, addiprene, etc.) and it lasts a lot longer. They breath good, they fit good, they are made good, they are affordable, and perhaps the best thing is that once they get something right (which they seem to have in every model), they don't change it because marketing tells them too. The changes thay make to their shoes are usually cosmetic with the only changes made being those they that actually improve the shoe. Give'm a try...I bet you'll love em...and no I don't work for them...I just love to run in good shoes. Try the Precision for a lightweight trainer and the Mustang or the Creation for your long shoe.

Daniel
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl running shoes??? [textrirunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is the life of the Mizuno! I have been running in Asics for years because of the fit, feal and large toe box. But I am increasingly frustrated by the low mileage I am getting out of a pair of shoes.
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl running shoes??? [M.S.kansan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last fall I left the Nike Skylon for a Mizuno Wave Rider. The Skylon WAS a perfect shoe for me, untill Nike "fixed" it to make it better. I find that the Wave Rider is a good, kinda light shoe that seems to last allot longer than the Nike did. Another thing that I think is great about the Mizuno is that they have a "race" version of the Wave Rider that is very very light...but when running in it feels almost exactly, and rides about the exact same as the heaver Wave Rider. I am quite happy with Mizuno shoes at this point. The one thing to watch out for is that there are holes in the soles of the shoes - even the smallest puddle will get your sock wet (from the bottom). Nike Skylon had no holes in the soles.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply