Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pearl Izumi running shoes: Very first look.
Quote | Reply
My friend and associate Chris Ward dropped off a sample pair of Pearl Izumi Push running shoes yesterday. I have one quick run in them and am resonably impressed for these reasons:

1. It's not easy to build a running shoe, let alone a fairly nice one.
2. These are a good bit different than a lot of other shoes out there, so IMHO they represent a valid alternative to other brands.
3. They are simple, light, uncluttered and functional.
4. They fit my average feet quite nicely and predictably.
5. They "rode" good and felt nice overall.
6. They're reasonably priced at $80.

I'll write more when I know more.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Any the new tri shoe? anyone used it [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A shop here in madison has the new pearl izumi tri shoe. It seems very nice and fits like a slipper with lots of ventilation. Anyone actually used it on the road. I'm not sure I want to plunt down the $115 to test it myself.

Kyle Handley
Quote Reply
Re: Pearl Izumi running shoes: Very first look. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a picture of the "finished" product from Pearl Izumi? After seeing some prototype pictures it'd be nice to see the "finished goods."
Quote Reply
Re: Any the new tri shoe? anyone used it [Kyle Handley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I put a pair on and did a lap of our (very small) store. I was like, "There is no way I could run in these- they are like thick socks...". They did have enough cushioning though and my feet rode low enough in the footbed to be very stable. I could easily do 10K in them. I'm ever once of 170 lbs dressed and kitted out in full regalia. A marathon? Hmmm... Stay tuned...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Actually, $115 is pretty cheap [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
compared to Sidi's and Carnac's tri-shoe and road shoes in general. I think Steve Larsen rode the "Vaper" (why it is spelled with an "e," I have no idea) shoe in NZ, and I think he had some input in the design of the PI road shoes. I'd
Quote Reply
Re: Any the new tri shoe? anyone used it [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm ever once of 170 lbs dressed and kitted out in full regalia.

Tom, have you been drinking?

Anyone know where one can find pictures of these shoes?

American's are definately infekting the world with there English grammer.
Quote Reply
Re: Any the new tri shoe? anyone used it [tri_taiwan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant to say "I'm every ounce of 170 lbs while kitted out in full regalia" In other words, with all my running stuff on. I just like the way "full regalia" sounds- It's not like I'm running around in a kilt or anything.... Nope, I don't have any pictures of the shoes handy and don't know how you post the darn pictures on this forum anyway. Sorry.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It's not like I'm running around in a kilt or anything..."

Bummer, Tom!!!!! I run around in my kilt in St. Patrick's Day races, much to the chagrin of all of the people dressed in green.

"Full Regalia"- I usually just call it "kit" (even though I am a Yank), but full regalia works fine.

You ought to investigate getting a good tartan plaid for your running kit. I never did figure out which clan's pattern used flourescent colours...
Quote Reply
Re: Any the new tri shoe? anyone used it [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahhh, what do you wear under those things?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Usually, I wear a thong with the English flag printed on it. This could get the ire of the Scots up. But on some St. Patrick's Day races, I wear an orange G-string, which I flash to the wearers o' the green. This usually really gets the Irish going, and increases the times of the field. I have my best 5K times when I am being chased down by angry, Irish Catholics*.

*I am not referencing Catholics by any derrogotory means, but we all know that wearing orange on St. Pat's Day in Boston is pretty much a death wish.
Quote Reply
Re: Any the new tri shoe? anyone used it [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]
You ought to investigate getting a good tartan plaid for your running kit. I never did figure out which clan's pattern used flourescent colours...[/reply]

Well, Mr. Bunny and others, I got into a bit of a row with a woman in another forum over the whole "tartan," kilts, and plaids in general. While she's a Yank, she was married to a Scot for quite some time and had more than a layman's understanding of the whole mess. She eventually sent me to this website:

http://www.scotclans.com/

While I don't think there are any clans that use flourescent colors in thier tartans, you can find all the tartans of Scotland.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply