Paula Findlay with Specialized
Quote | Reply
Front Page article: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...pecialized_7869.html

Also a slowtwitch connection with video

Last edited by: rrheisler: Jan 30, 21 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great work on this SlowTwitch Media team. This video turned out really nice. I love the fact that they've included gearing info. 50•11/33 (although I wonder if it's 10/33 on the AXS stuff). I loved the high quality production work on this one. Keep up the good work! 👏

YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OP, just added our front page story to your post so it was easily found. (And we included the video on the front side as well).

I really hope they wind up bringing Shiv Discs further downmarket in terms of spec.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome video. I really enjoyed watching Paula in their youtube series before i really knew who she was and to see her win Daytona in such an effortless fashion has made me a fan. I hope her newfound confidence in her game and the new people supporting her make for some great races in the following seasons

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So now we can speculate about Trek not innovating and trying to keep athletes lol. Great for Paula.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope they paid her handsomely. That’s all I’m going to say about that and the Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [Kickr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like lucy got punished for not doing challenge daytona.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She’s also running Spech shoes (previously used fizik), but still Zoot clothing and Oakley helmets (so not a 360 sponsorship). Surprised about the helmets, since she indicated she doesn’t have a helmet sponsor. Spech sponsoring her lids would seem an obvious add in.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
She’s also running Spech shoes (previously used fizik), but still Zoot clothing and Oakley helmets (so not a 360 sponsorship). Surprised about the helmets, since she indicated she doesn’t have a helmet sponsor. Spech sponsoring her lids would seem an obvious add in.

The front page article says includes helmets.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [IanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. Just watched the video (haven't read the article yet). Thought they just would have sent her the helmets at the same time as the bike/shoes (vs. having her in the video with a competitor's product).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
looks like lucy got punished for not doing challenge daytona.
I'd say more along the lines of concentrating on the North American market. When I read the headline I wondered who Paula Findlay was.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. She got PAID. Specialized philosophy on Sponsorships is about leveraging their resources and giving the athlete a whole lot of VIK (Value-In-Kind) and not being the highest bidder. Lucy was in a position that's get paid more by Specialized, but not what the market was willing to pay her.

For Paula, I think, I don't know. The cash value and the total value is probably greater than what Trek had on the table to renew her. Considering after Daytona she was also in a position to get PAID.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IanH wrote:
Titanflexr wrote:

The front page article says includes helmets.

And tyres. Turbo Cottons still test plenty fast, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait am I reading this correctly, you didn't know who Paula Findlay was until just now? And your a frequent ST'er. Interesting if true.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apart from Daytona I obviously read the winner but it never registered as I had no idea who she was and it didn't stick.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I admit I’m also surprised. In fairness, it has been about a decade since she was dominating the ITU, and her resurgence is pretty recent.

Out of curiosity, where are you based?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Australia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. She’s Canadian and her partner Eric is American. I think the most/ all of their recent racing is in North America as well.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
Makes sense. She’s Canadian and her partner Eric is American. I think the most/ all of their recent racing is in North America as well.

I'm in Canada, been on here for many years, I admit I really wasn't familiar with her either. Even after having watched tons of triathlon racing on youtube while training. Granted I probably watch WTC stuff more than ITU.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
MI_Mumps wrote:

I'm in Canada, been on here for many years, I admit I really wasn't familiar with her either. Even after having watched tons of triathlon racing on youtube while training. Granted I probably watch WTC stuff more than ITU.

thats a smart move to get her if she stays healthy she obviously has the talen to win big races and her market value right now is lower than lucy.

at the same time to me it makes not much sense that there is 2 bike brands in their videos. i did expect her to be on argon.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [mlegrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mlegrand wrote:
Great work on this SlowTwitch Media team. This video turned out really nice. I love the fact that they've included gearing info. 50•11/33 (although I wonder if it's 10/33 on the AXS stuff). I loved the high quality production work on this one. Keep up the good work! 👏

That's a typo. SRAM doesn't make an 11-33. It's 10-33.

50x33 is going to be brutal on a hilly course.
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
50 x 33 is a smaller gear than a 53-54/28-30 so she'll have no problems on a hilly course.

Carson Christen
Sport Scientist , Coach
Torden Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [mlegrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.. We try :)

E-DUB
Chief Janitor @Slowtwitch
Life is short. Dont be mad all the time.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She was actually on Bontrager shoes before just a FYI

E-DUB

Quote Reply
Re: Paula Findlay with Specialized [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She will be getting all the "Goods" has you can imagine shipping things these days have it's challenges and we where on a tight widow with the announcement.

E-DUB

Quote Reply

Prev Next