Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-)
Quote | Reply
LOL, beside all the real runners, Lange is looking ridiculously bulked out on the livestream!
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how did he go in the end? can't seem to find his results up.
looks like a corker at the sharp end of the men's race - 1 second between each of the top 3? nice!

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
LOL, beside all the real runners, Lange is looking ridiculously bulked out on the livestream!
Tv makes you look fat.

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
looks like a corker at the sharp end of the men's race - 1 second between each of the top 3? nice!
He ran a 1.09. Not bad for a fat guy. Haha

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

Man, that's just bananas
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

Man, that's just bananas

Winning comment on this thread....oh when I saw him at 14km he was drafting a red train replacing his Kona blue train.

Man that 1:09 time.....Lionel would have smoked that time hopping on one leg and half a 'stache'

All kidding aside, lead pack went by like they were jogging
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
iron_mike wrote:

He ran a 1.09. Not bad for a fat guy. Haha

so, slower than frodo off the bike in south africa?

i mean golly. . .

[pink]

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was there a definitive word on how long that 70.3 WC course was last year? Those crazy times keep getting repeated, but seem somewhat implausible, even if those top three are among the best all time.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [Poon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same day Gomes made a 1:06 at Barcelona HM. But who will be faster at Kona 2019? )))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dev, I find your post really rude. What's the point of saying something like that?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pictures of this obesity?
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev did add "all kidding aside." so I think his tongue was firmly in his cheek.

:-)

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
dev, I find your post really rude. What's the point of saying something like that?

Are you kidding?
I'm not joking I can't tell. If not what's rude about what dev said?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

You’re what’s wrong with the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [RallySavage] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RallySavage wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

OK OK....maybe Patrick is not looking as ripped as Kona, but really it was a comment about how "heavy" he looks compared to pure runners and in the tri world he's waif thin compared to the various ST Uberbiker favourites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
RallySavage wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

OK OK....maybe Patrick is not looking as ripped as Kona, but really it was a comment about how "heavy" he looks compared to pure runners and in the tri world he's waif thin compared to the various ST Uberbiker favourites

Ahhhhh don't back down from ur statement Dev. They are being crazy
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Are you kidding?

I'm not kidding. I dislike the culture of it being ok to comment on peoples' size (no matter what that size). Maybe "rude" isn't the right word ... but can't we focus on results, rather than the size of peoples' bodies?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:

You know dang well those are actually sponges in his kit making him look that way...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Are you kidding?

I'm not kidding. I dislike the culture of it being ok to comment on peoples' size (no matter what that size). Maybe "rude" isn't the right word ... but can't we focus on results, rather than the size of peoples' bodies?

Man I think our up bringing must be crazy different.
And in a day in age where the problem of people being overweight is so out of control we need to focus on it.

Lange is a fatty......;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
RallySavage wrote:
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

exactly, it looks like he might be enjoying his off season a bit and fair enough
it is reasonable to point out facts, such as that Lange is bulkier than most top pure runners... just as most NFL linebackers are bulkier than Lange...
there's no judgement in that, within reason it is not necessarily better to be thin or muscled, its just interesting to note the different body types in different sports

to bring in some judgement, this attitude that it is wrong to judge anyone for their body is part of the obesity problem. somehow it is ok to call healthy weight people scrawny but you can't call out the morbidly obese.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GĂłmez did 1:06 at Madrid in a much tougher course than Berlin which is where records are broken.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Quote:

Dr. Tigerchik wrote:

Are you kidding?

I have to admit, I did question myself using the "fat" adjective and usually if you ask yourself if something is the right thing before you do it and you think you may have to explain your way out of why you did or said something it's not the right thing to do. I figured the ST crowd would have "fun" with all the conjecture about Lange being soft in the off season because during Kona season we're all complaining about his unfair advantage on the Kona run of being 140 lbs.... and on that count I think I was right. I was also right that I may have to explain my way out of it and it probably was not the right thing to do, and guess what, I found myself trying to explain my way out. I had thought about using "heavy". At this point so many posts with the quoting have happened that I may as well "own" my folly.

OK....the results are....Lange 1:09 on the world's fastest half marathon and marathon course on fresh legs, Gomez 1:06 off the bike. I still put my money on Lange to be in ripping shape in Kona if winds are calm. If the winds are tough, he's 10 minutes off the back as there will be less density of riders to ride with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The world still needs the Peter Griffin's and Comedy Central at times to give us a "laugh at ourselves". Your "sin" should be forgiven and truthfully that we are having this whole "discussion" with the context of how you began the whole thing.....I guess it's a sad reality that there's *always* someone getting offended in the world.

ETA: I guess I should have to "clarify" my statement- your post came off as a very obvious joke. You weren't "body shaming" anyone, you were making a joke of the whole thing. I think *most* got it and understood it and took it for the fun satire that at times is needed ESPECIALLY when it comes across as very much satire. This wasn't an "real discussion" on body types etc. Sighs...just sighs.....

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Apr 7, 19 16:33
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange running Berlin Half Marathon....and he looks fat :-) [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
The world still needs the Peter Griffin's and Comedy Central at times to give us a "laugh at ourselves". Your "sin" should be forgiven and truthfully that we are having this whole "discussion" with the context of how you began the whole thing.....I guess it's a sad reality that there's *always* someone getting offended in the world.

ETA: I guess I should have to "clarify" my statement- your post came off as a very obvious joke. You weren't "body shaming" anyone, you were making a joke of the whole thing. I think *most* got it and understood it and took it for the fun satire that at times is needed ESPECIALLY when it comes across as very much satire. This wasn't an "real discussion" on body types etc. Sighs...just sighs.....

Some people roll through life seeking out ways to be offended.
Quote Reply

Prev Next