Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like a different concept of the plate if you can call it even a plate

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Last edited by: TRIPRO: Jun 26, 20 12:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe he can glue some Speedplay cleats on there and actually finish the bike course
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn thats ugly. Where can I find a pair ?
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah thats not a good looking shoe
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, looks like the offspring of an Altra and a Hoka.

The advantage of the Nike % shoes is large enough to be easily confirmed in a track session or with lower HR on a treadmill. Got to assume the same can be done to validate these. Hope it pans out; it would be good to have some competition in the market. Covid has given the other players 6-12 extra months to catch up to Nike.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's a good looking shoe, although it remains to be seen what that 1/2 plate actually does. Does it interact with the blue spring/lever things?

I remember back in maybe 2000-2002, Adidas put a 3/4-length ( from what I recall) carbon plate in one of their tempo/race shoes and it never really panned out. I suppose they were ahead of the game back then. I got a pair of those and felt like my foot was about to break, remember taking them off mid-workout the first time I wore them on a run.
Last edited by: Zissou: Jun 26, 20 16:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:

People like you or your sentiment have controlled the running industry and its “progression” for decades, and the shoes have been proportionally horrible.

Finally we are getting back to basics about what the shoe is actually for. Looking forward to what the next 5 years brings.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

People like you or your sentiment have controlled the running industry and its “progression” for decades, and the shoes have been proportionally horrible.

Finally we are getting back to basics about what the shoe is actually for. Looking forward to what the next 5 years brings.

haha ok
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Damn thats ugly. Where can I find a pair ?

I actually think the shoe looks great. I may need to buy a pair if the price is right.

I started running in the Adidas UltraBoost for my first few marathons and I loved those shoes. They became too expensive, at $180, and I have been running in Hokas and Sketchers GoRun ever since as my daily runners -- mostly the Hokas these days. I have also dabble in Salming with the race6 as a 10k and less shoe...but the insole of the shoe slips if you try to put it on without socks and it makes in virtually impossible to use in a traithlon situation from a short course perspective with quick transitions.

Ironman Lake Placid 2021| 70.3 Worlds St. George 2021
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zissou wrote:
I think it's a good looking shoe, although it remains to be seen what that 1/2 plate actually does. Does it interact with the blue spring/lever things?

I remember back in maybe 2000-2002, Adidas put a 3/4-length ( from what I recall) carbon plate in one of their tempo/race shoes and it never really panned out. I suppose they were ahead of the game back then. I got a pair of those and felt like my foot was about to break, remember taking them off mid-workout the first time I wore them on a run.

I had a pair of those. Pro-Plate something or other.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the look of this shoe too.

Competition is awesome. And a crack in Nike's %-armour is opening in some of the data and anecdotal stories of increased injury in the shoes.

Excited to see how these shoes work.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like it if only because it's not Nike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

haha ok

Have you seen the research?

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Definitley will be looking at getting one of these shoes next year. Trying to decide between the 4%/next%, this and the saucony and brooks equivalents as well

Think if you do a marathon with performance goals one of those shoes should be on your feet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really hope these are as good as the next%. Any info on what the foam is?

I think they look great. We've gotten used to the Nike % look, but remember your (the general you, not you specifically) initial reaction to seeing them? They were different, that's for sure.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a better photo that does not distort the toe.

From

https://news.adidas.com/...d0-a93b-7898988aade8

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
y_nigel wrote:

I think it looks great. I agree the "thick sole" look takes some getting used to, but we should be a couple years past that now.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
y_nigel wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

haha ok

Research on the aesthetic opinions of anonymous forum users?

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm interested to see what people think of the fit. I have a relatively wide forefoot, narrow heel so Nike hasn't been the best. I've been using Fuelcell Rebels for 70.3 racing, but will be keeping an eye on this and the Fuelcell RC Elite for a carbon plated race shoe

Dominic Pollizzi

Last edited by: zestypollizzi: Jun 27, 20 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
y_nigel wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
y_nigel wrote:

haha ok

Research on the aesthetic opinions of anonymous forum users?

Maurice

Exactly. There’s tons of double blind opinions on that...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, personally, like the look and will be curious to see the data, should it come out.

itll be nice to have a non-nike option.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like it could be relatively low drop. Any idea about that?
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [drm437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know when these will be available to us mere mortals?
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange reveals Adidas 4% equivalent [Diabolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next