Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Patrick Lange leaves New Balance
Quote | Reply
 https://www.instagram.com/...;igshid=rp1f3watfswi

Many seem to think it might he might be moving to On Running. Any bets?
Last edited by: Thorax: Jan 14, 19 13:15
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking Adidas. A big German company that doesn't really have any stake in the long-course world, they probably have money to throw around. If not Adidas, On would seem logical. Handy Andy runs in On's and they seem to have a nice relationship.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think either Adidas or Reebok (lil sister in the Adi family) would be a good fit, but for him to leave NB it has to be about money so who knows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was running NB Hanzo, so quite minimal flats

Hoka with new Rehi or Carbon Rocket ?
Adidas with Sub2 ?
Reebok with RunFast Pro ?
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adidas still provides elite athletes with the Takumi Sen. The Sub2 is done and most have returned to the Adizero Adios, now in the 4th iteration.
Reebok would indeed have to be the Run Fast Pro which is a beast of a shoe and right up Lange's usual preference.
Nothing Hoka currently makes would be his usual style, but you never know. There's a price tag for everything except love.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw him in an insta story from Andi Dreitz few days ago, wearing adidas shoes... so think adidas will be his new sponsor.

Also interesting, that he is wearing Castelli bike clothes, but not mentioning them as a sponsor...
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [andreas78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My fault for not following Dreitz. Doh.
That's it then. We should see him in Boston 7s, Adios 4s and maaaaaybe Takumi Sen.
Good for him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
I think either Adidas or Reebok (lil sister in the Adi family)

Puma being the estranged brother

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Thorax wrote:

Sadly ans strangely. I have fond memories of using both lifestyle and running shoes by them. And it was just a couple years ago that the fastest man ever was the face of Puma...yet they never really built on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adidas or Reebok
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [Scottxs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Newtons
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
love love love the Boost Adios, Boost Takumi Sen, and the Boost Takumi Ren. Patrick should do quite well in them, as the Brownlies did. Wonder what his shoe of choice will be, as I think the Brownlies migrated from the lightweight stuff to the Boost Adios for its superior cushioning.

That said, none of those have the pop of the new NIke 4%, which Vincent Luis uses for Tri.

Thorax wrote:
Adidas still provides elite athletes with the Takumi Sen. The Sub2 is done and most have returned to the Adizero Adios, now in the 4th iteration.
Reebok would indeed have to be the Run Fast Pro which is a beast of a shoe and right up Lange's usual preference.
Nothing Hoka currently makes would be his usual style, but you never know. There's a price tag for everything except love.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just saw him using the all black Boston 7s for a group run :) I expect him to use these for almost everything.

Plenty top marathoners still run in Adidas. Just in 2018: Gladys Cherono won Berlin in Adios, Keitany won NYC in the Takumi Sen, Kipruto podium'd twice in Sub2 and Adios (Tokyo and Berlin), Kipsang 3rd in Berlin. 2:06:28 being the slowest of these for males, 2:21:46 for Shure Demise's 3rd place in Chicago. Obviously I'm only counting Majors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He wore the fastest shoes in kona history 2 years in a row..... At best he should buy up all the old stock of those, and if its for the money, have a tailor replace the N's for stripes... Or is he chasing sub 7,45 now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap. I love NB. Too bad they couldn't keep Lange. Although I'm not sure he did much for them anyway, at least in the US market. BTW, I have used the NB Beacon with speed laces for Olympic and 70.3 and they are my favorite shoes for tri. You should give them a try.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
RandMart wrote:
Thorax wrote:

Sadly ans strangely. I have fond memories of using both lifestyle and running shoes by them. And it was just a couple years ago that the fastest man ever was the face of Puma...yet they never really built on it.

I was speaking quite literally

http://www.todayifoundout.com/...feud-adidas-vs-puma/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lock_N_Load wrote:
Crap. I love NB. Too bad they couldn't keep Lange. Although I'm not sure he did much for them anyway, at least in the US market. BTW, I have used the NB Beacon with speed laces for Olympic and 70.3 and they are my favorite shoes for tri. You should give them a try.
Ixnay on the pointy toebox and I'm done buying shoes knowing I'll have to cut the toebox open (looking at you, Hoka). Adidas up to the Boston is the only non-anatomical toe box I can use. Adios means a cut for the 5th toe. Sub2 I couldn't even walk around the Manhattan store with. Other than the Boston, Skechers and Altra (depending on need for the drop or not) are my jam.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I knew about that, but thought you meant figuratively. Nice reference though!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what adios boosts are like now but the orange iteration really cut up your feet if wearing them sock less in a race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was a great read.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, good story

Suddenly the name Rudy Project sounds so grass roots. Curious about the origins there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Skechers decide to go global and signs Lange. I would love to be right about this...
Quote Reply
Re: Patrick Lange leaves New Balance [arkmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's Adidas. All but officially announced.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
quite interesting move. New Balance was announced as a new Gold-Partner for Team Erdinger (the everyman-Team if you will) in December.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes me wonder if the Adidas Gazelle shoe came out before or after his brother started the Puma brand
Quote Reply

Prev Next