Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Patella Tendon Rupture
Quote | Reply
Has anyone else had the misfortune of tearing their patella tendon? Last year I was hit from behind by a car and had surgery to reattach the tendon. Unfortunately about 5 weeks after the first surgery I tripped going down the stairs and redid it. It's not much fun having your leg in a brace. I'm making baby steps each week. I now have about 85 degrees of movement but my physio says a need at least 120 before I can get on a static bike. I still have to have another operation to remove a wire from my knee but hopefully I will be running again some time this year.
Last edited by: newManUK: Feb 17, 20 9:02
Quote Reply
Re: Patella Tendon Rupture [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ruptured mine playing volleyball about 10 years ago. Interesting fact in that the recovery is what got me into triathlon. I had never done one prior. Part of the recovery was sitting a stationary bike and just working the knee back and forth. I couldn't bend it enough to do a full revolution at the time. Eventually was walking on the treadmill, then running etc. Have since done 3 full Ironman tris and numerous others.

I have no doubt you will recover fully.
Quote Reply
Re: Patella Tendon Rupture [houtexan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: Patella Tendon Rupture [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ruptured mine in July of 2018. I slipped on a downhill while trail running and went ass to heel. The recovery is long. I focused on a lot of lifting and ROM recovery. I ran a marathon in Oct of 2019, it was my 3rd or 4th fastest. Cycling has taken the longest to come back. You will get there, follow the rehab process, and the outcome will take care of itself.
Last edited by: tkocanda: Feb 19, 20 16:30
Quote Reply