Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paralysis by analysis
Quote | Reply
I’m full on paralysis by analysis right now in trying to decide my next steps. Here’s my story- I’m a 42 male who’s self coached using TrainerRoad for the last 4-5 years and improved well using low volume plans. Over the past two years I’ve been struggling quite a bit with the build and come to the conclusion there’s too much intensity on the bike coupled with my runs. I try to in corporate Hal Higdon runs plans as TRs run planning doesn’t do it for me. I participate in half’s and oly tris mostly and find myself as a top 10 swimmer and cyclist. I’ve only come to running in the last 4-5 years and struggle quite a bit. My best open half is a 1:39. I’m hoping to push my limits In the next year or two and try to compete for 70.3 worlds and USAT qualification status. I think this level goes beyond my skill set. What would you all recommend for training plans or something automated or a coach? As far as coaches go I don’t think I can justify $200 per month to my wife in pursuit of middle age glory. Anyone ever use coach cox from the UK? Any other suggestions? Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Paralysis by analysis [AndrewL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The TR cycling programmes are not bad, the problem is that most of the people have way overestimated FTP... so the sessions are way too taxing for most of the people borned in 20th century :) It is extremely difficult to stay in that kind of regime for a long time and staying in the game for a long time is neccessary if you have some ambitious goals.

If you are interested in triathlon training plans you can find some of my work here:
https://www.trainingpeaks.com/coach/trinergy#trainingplans

To be completely honest with 1:39 open half PB you do not need a very sophisticated or tailored-base program, maybe running 40 miles per week for 3 months with some little variation is all you need here? :)

coaching via trinergy.pl
TP Training Plans
IG @kowalski.coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Purple Patch, Superfly, and a few other coaching programs offer a basic membership program for around $100/mo that give daily workouts that allow you to break from the plan weeks out from your key races and specialize prior to returning to the plan everyone is using.

Worth checking out.
Quote Reply
Re: Paralysis by analysis [Vols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I’ll check out what everyone has recommended.
Quote Reply