Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Parallels between the movie Cars 3 and Pro Triathlon
Quote | Reply
I had my first kids a couple years ago and he loves anything to do with cars, balls, and trucks. I've seen all of the Disney's Cars movie multiple times.

For those not so lucky to watch kids movies over and over, the theme of Cars 3 is newer generation cars dominating racing and how the old timers respond. It reminds of of how the new crop of ITU guys are making their way into long distance races and the traditional long distance folks are having to find new ways to train.

It's like Jackson Storm represents all the super fast ITU guys and the Sebis, Lionels, and Hoffmans are having to figure out a way to train better to stay relevant.
Quote Reply
Re: Parallels between the movie Cars 3 and Pro Triathlon [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason AZ wrote:
I had my first kids a couple years ago and he loves anything to do with cars, balls, and trucks. I've seen all of the Disney's Cars movie multiple times.

For those not so lucky to watch kids movies over and over, the theme of Cars 3 is newer generation cars dominating racing and how the old timers respond. It reminds of of how the new crop of ITU guys are making their way into long distance races and the traditional long distance folks are having to find new ways to train.

It's like Jackson Storm represents all the super fast ITU guys and the Sebis, Lionels, and Hoffmans are having to figure out a way to train better to stay relevant.

Without a doubt ITU guys are all the speedy athletes, but the LD guys out there that exist, and are successful, are forged in the fire of hell.That just isn't for everyone. It takes a special kind of athlete for that. You can make the transition, but a lot of guys just will not want to make the transition. It isn't in their DNA. It is a very different sport. The LD sport becomes more and more like ITU everyday, and maybe it will be someday, but Ironman can be long and lonely road at times. You don't have a second to have that thought in an ITU race.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Parallels between the movie Cars 3 and Pro Triathlon [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another thing that Cars 3 and pro triathlon have in common is that nobody watches either.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Parallels between the movie Cars 3 and Pro Triathlon [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Parallels between the movie Cars 3 and Pro Triathlon [Jason AZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My son was obsessed with Cars - and loved Chick Hicks the most for some odd reason - so I have seen the original at least 500 times from it being on loop for years. Good thing it was actually a pretty good movie as I spent many a trainer hour watching it with him. Cars 2 was also pretty good also.

Dunno about tri parallels but Cars 3 was an unwatchable travesty. Even my son commented something along the lines of “That was a bad movie”. Harsh coming from a superfan.
Quote Reply
Re: Parallels between the movie Cars 3 and Pro Triathlon [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
another thing that Cars 3 and pro triathlon have in common is that nobody watches either.

Haha! That's great. We have a hard time finding Cars 3 on Disney Plus. Maybe it's on purpose? Sometimes it's good to just mix it up.
Quote Reply