Quote | Reply
To all,

I am heading to PC here in the first week of April and looking

for a place to ride. I will be staying in a condo real close to

hwy 79 & 30a around Laguna Beach. Is there any safe routes

out of PC heading north ? I found one route that heads west on

30A to Powerline Rd/Fire Rd and take this straight east toward

the marina's, U-turn and go back. I do not really want to ride

up and down the main beach road because of traffic.

I am hoping all the partier's and drunks will be in bed

before 5am which gives me a little time to ride.

Any help or ideas are welcome

Mark
Quote Reply
Re: Panama City........where to ride [Mark L.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will try to look at a map tonight ,but i know near I-10 there is a loop that has low traffic and some killer hills, i am from Tallahassee 2 hours away and have done a race and some tts on this loop,This is some miles from PC but a easy drive.Randall
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd load the bike in the car and go west to Walton County, where you get a lot less traffic. Walton County 30A has a decent stretch of road where you can get in a good loop between Seaside and Dune Allen Beach that's about 15 miles, more if you add in a couple of roads between 30A and US 98.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
30A is probably your best bet. Just watch out for morons that think that you should ride on the "bike path"... which is sandy, bumpy, and jammed with rollerbladers & grannies on cruisers... If you go further west to Ft. Walton, there are group rides with the Emerald Coast Cyclists. Nice folks, riders of all abilities on their Tue night group ride. I think they have a Sat or Sun group ride also of about 50-60miles. Try searching for their website. When I'm down that way, my riding is limited to the group ride or 30A or the turbo trainer. Don't forget the sunscreen and the dark shades!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I spent a week in Destin training for the Little Five Hundred Bicycle race (Indiana University - think of the movie "Breaking Away"). Destin is few mile west of Panama City. We simply rode towards Panama City on a coastal road doing intervals and turned around in Panama City or earlier. I can not rember the name or number of the road but it was fine for flat fast training. Good luck. DK
Quote Reply