Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pairing Favero pedals
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'm stumped. Now I'll admit, I'm not the smartest when it comes to electronics, but almost every power meter I've owned has been so easy to connect. Rotate the pedals hard, hit "search" on the Garmin, and next thing you see is the ID number found.

I tried this with my new Favero pedals tonight and something is not working.

I've got a Garmin 1030. Activated the pedals with the app. The Garmin 1030 found the ID number for the pedals and they were now supposedly connected. Pedals are fully charged. Garmin is fully charged. Spin the crank arms and no power shows up. It still reads ZERO. So, I took the bike outside to stomp on the pedals a bit. Again, no power reading.

I started over, double checked the ID number for my pedals, and made sure the connected power source (on the Garmin) matched the ID number for the pedals (yes), and also used a second Garmin to connect. Both Garmins showed connected but the power continues to read zero on the screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong because it should be so simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Favero pedals [EyeRunMD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have the Favero app on your phone? I had this happen a couple weeks ago (Garmin, Zwift, etc showed them as connected but no power reading). It turned out somehow the firmware had updated on one pedal and not the other - once both were updated all was fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Favero pedals [adnama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adnama wrote:
Do you have the Favero app on your phone? I had this happen a couple weeks ago (Garmin, Zwift, etc showed them as connected but no power reading). It turned out somehow the firmware had updated on one pedal and not the other - once both were updated all was fine.

Yes I do have the app on my phone. I will try the firmware update. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EyeRunMD wrote:
Spin the crank arms and no power shows up. It still reads ZERO. So, I took the bike outside to stomp on the pedals a bit. Again, no power reading.
A few quick clarifications and some checks...
  • Did you connect to the 1030 via Ant+ or Bluetooth? I prefer Ant+. I think the 1030 favors the BLE connection if you are not paying attention.
  • If you just spin the cranks without force on the pedals, I think that would register 0W.
  • When you did this, did you get a cadence reading?
  • If you stomped the pedals without rotating them, I think that this would register 0W.
  • When you enter the calibration screen on the 1030, does it tell you it calibrated successfully?
  • When you ride the pedals (outside or on a trainer) with the calibration screen up, does it show you torque?

And ditto the prior question about having the app up and simultaneously connected via Bluetooth.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if its the same for the Favero pedals, but my powertap pedals take roughly a minute of biking to register a reading on my garmin after changing the batteries (and I'm assuming this happened when I first installed them too). Even when my garmin says that they are connected, I usually have to pedal up and down the lane a few times before I start getting a reading (other than just 0 W).

This only happens after a battery change though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the Assioma user manual portion about initial set-up:
5. Ride for a few minutes to set the installation angles
This is the last step and like the first step, is unique to the Assioma. All that is required here is that you get on your bike and ride for a minute or so. During this time, the Assioma will complete a one-time internal self-calibration. Favero recommends to perform this short ride on a level road using a standard cadence (80-90 RPM). Once the procedure is complete, power and cadence will begin to display on your head unit. All that is left is to enjoy your new Assioma!
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Favero pedals [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did the firmware update, connected via ANT+, and took it outside to ride up my driveway. As the last person posted, I think it just took a minute or so to register because my Garmin finally started reading the watts

So far, the Favero are awesome. So easy to charge (cool little magnetic connection) and easy to install.

Only negatives:

- had to talk with FedEx to explain what kind of electronics I was ordering from outside the US

- FedEx just sent me a bill for $110 for "customs clearance". I had Favero send these "normal delivery". When I spoke with FedEx, so they'd "release" the package, they never mentioned this charge either
Quote Reply