Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Paging Mr. Demerly
Quote | Reply
Hi Tom,

I shot you an email about 2 weeks ago and then mailed you something. Haven't heard back so I'm wondering if you got it?

Justin
Quote Reply
Re: Paging Mr. Demerly [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Justin,

In the past two weeks I got two really nice things from people: A killer video of the '89 and '87 Ironman which we have shown in the shop pretty much since we got it. It is awesome.

-AND... A beautiful little airplane from Ornitech that flew a city block when launched from the top of the parking garage behind the store. I flew it through my living room and dining room and my cats went nuts. I feared their reaction upon landing so I brought it back to the shop where it has been on weather hold since a winter storm moved into the area. It inspired me to buy a new kite to take to Curacao (I wish I had it in Thailand) and New Zealand.

The video inspired me to write the current editorial on our website about Dave Scott's birthday.

Oh, this reminds me.... I have to have Mike Aderhold find out why not all of our e-mails are getting into our in box. There is something going on. You are the third person today who has mentioned they sent me an e-mail that I haven't seen.

For the guys who sent me these things- thank you very, very much. You have no idea how much things like this mean to me.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Paging Mr. Demerly [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad you're enjoying the video. I especially like the old bud light ads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, Depending on how your email server is setup it may be blocking all email from known Spam servers. You can lookup your server on DNSstuff.com (it is the middle blue box on top). If so you can add certain address to your safe list, the bad thing about a setup like this is if one person on a server is sending spam or has a mass mailing virus it blocks everyone on that server which can be ten or twenty companies. I know that is way off topic but I just had to fix the same problem with my companies Exchange servers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-AND... A beautiful little airplane from Ornitech that flew a city block when launched from the top of the parking garage behind the store. I flew it through my living room and dining room and my cats went nuts. I feared their reaction upon landing so I brought it back to the shop where it has been on weather hold since a winter storm moved into the area. It inspired me to buy a new kite to take to Curacao (I wish I had it in Thailand) and New Zealand.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I take it you're having fun with it...your cats probably thought it was Tweety. Glad you like it...did you buy the Dragonfly kit?

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom, I have filled in your wheel selector quiz on the shop site twice now and haven't seen a response yet, does it block out English e mails too?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Paging Mr. Demerly [jk_allen13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
According to our inside IT guy Mike Aderhold our internet service provider, SBC Ameritech, recently merged (or was bought) by Yahoo! As a result, our incoming e-mails to bikesport@ameritech.net are stored on a Yahoo! mail server in one of the standard 4.0 mb free accounts. We (I) didn't know this. Prior to this change we could have over 5,000 e-mails sitting around without going over our storage limit. Now, with the Yahoo acquisition, we would have to buy more space if we don;t want to go over our 4mb limit. Aderhold says he will just clear out the junk every couple days, like the 8-12 Paris Hilton video e-mails we get per day.

So, now it shoould be fixed. I apologize for missing your messages. I do actually read everything I get and respond to it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply