Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY
Quote | Reply
To put something in a positive light... I recognize your selflessness and I applaud you. *blows kisses* Happy Patriot's Day. May you all run PRs in September.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: Dr. Tigerchik: Apr 20, 20 18:04
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 posts on this? This deserves public shaming.
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
2 posts on this? This deserves public shaming.

Don't forget to include my "happy patriot's day" thread in the LR while you're at it!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But the use of all caps in both posts cancels out the Patriots Day and the kisses. It is a delicate balance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is the only praise I've gotten today.
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Awww. *blows more kisses*

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn’t do any exercise today. Double hooray for me!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Sorry you missed racing in Boston. The time will come soon enough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting this. Just out of curiousity how many of you did go out and do your own 26.2 on the same day at the same time (but not on the same course).
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Thanks for posting this. Just out of curiousity how many of you did go out and do your own 26.2 on the same day at the same time (but not on the same course).

If I were not injured, I would have considered such a thing. I rode 60 miles instead, done in loops around a 5 km path so as not to risk getting hit by a car and hence needing medical attention. (That's standard for me anyway - been hit, didn't like it). There were some other people out on the path but we all did our best to stay out of each others' way. Walkers and runners have been really good about hopping off the path onto the grass.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great that you have a nice 5km loop to ride on. I made a deal with my wife, that I will stick to a loop from home that is all roads with 6 ft shoulder, or bike path or residential if I go out on the bike. The furthest I get from home is barely 4km and I am pretty well totally solo for these. So far the weather has kind of sucked and without a race anywhere on the horizon, my motivation to go ride in crappy weather with cold rain and wind is low. So 95% of my riding since Covid19 has started has been on the rollers with a few short intensity rides on the ancient computrainer (ex today, I did a 12km run with hill repeats, then 2000m build on my Concept2 rowing Erg ramping up my watts then hopped on the trainer for 20x1min @90-100% FTP effort with 5 seconds rest (actually 55 seconds on, 5 seconds zero).

Hopefully you get over whatever run niggle you have. You got me on the swim track and all your running in the fish threads got me motivated for running (I am now running 70-85km per week)...so hopefully we can all get you back to run + swim soon enough!
Quote Reply
Re: PUBLIC APPLAUSE FOR ALL THE BOSTON RUNNERS WHO DID NOT RUN THE COURSE TODAY [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the well-wishes. I'm glad your being really careful about the cycling, too.

Quote Reply