Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PT recommendations in Austin, TX
Quote | Reply
My cycling buddy has back pain that he thinks isn't muscular. He feels a grinding at certain angles of his spine and has pain, especially in a road position. I told him I thought maybe start with a physical therapist and that I'd post here and ask for a recommendation.

Is a PT the right place to start and does anyone have recommendations around Austin, TX?
Quote Reply
Re: PT recommendations in Austin, TX [jon.isom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Send him to see Katie and Pieter at Mondo Sports.

Brilliant pair who dig deep to find the true cause.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2nd 3rd & 4 recommendation for Mondo..

They are the best.
Quote Reply
Re: PT recommendations in Austin, TX [mpeardon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks very much to both of you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr Bob Meyer at Spinal Rehab. His wall of fame speaks for itself.

56-11...the only way to fly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really enjoyed my time with Jared Carter at Carter Physiotherapy.
Quote Reply
Re: PT recommendations in Austin, TX [mpeardon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Both Pieter and Katie at Mondo are world-class. Literally. Pieter was a PT for one of the US Olympic sports teams (exact which one is escaping me) and is also a Judo master and instructor. Katie is a great runner. They run a postgrad fellowship program in PT and teach at the Texas State PT school. Both regularly work on the pro level athletes in Austin. I know because I’ve seen many of them in clinic. Both have gotten me through major rehabs and both have my full, unequivocal endorsement.

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So other suggestions beyond PT in Austin:

Sports medicine docs (MDs) - the team at Austin Sports Medicine is excellent. I see Jim Fernandez for all my general sports medicine issues. Their surgeons treat the UT athletes and the the broader sports community.

Sports medicine (chiro): Next Level chiropractic doesn’t take insurance and specialize in dry needling. I hate it so much but it really works for my muscle spasms due to lumbar disc issues.

Chiropractor- ART - Dorea Wilder is an avid triathlete and mountain biker. She focuses on ART therapy and is excellent.

It is the mind itself which builds the body.
-Joseph Pilates
Quote Reply