Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea if this is the attack / force 3?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [epg0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appears to be the original 22/24 attack/force combo
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the heads up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picked it up last year for around the same price. They're pretty fast if you ask me. It actually is one of those things that changed the way I tri. I needed some race worthy tires in a hurry so it was either this or spring for Conti Grand Prix 4K ii. Went with these not only because they are cheaper, but I calculated it's actually significantly cheaper to have race tires and training tires. A cheap, but reliable training tire like a Conti Ultra Sport 2, or the Vittoria Zaffarios that I'm still riding 4000 miles later that came on my bike... Just ride them down to the cords or until you no longer feel safe on the tire. Replace them for <$15. The way I figure it is even getting a high end tire such as a Turbo Cotton = approx $160. They last conservatively speaking, probably much more... 1500 miles. Which racing in one IM, a half, an Oly, and 2 sprints would = 220 racing miles a year, + a total of 100 pre-race miles to make sure everything is good to go (total for the year)= 330 miles. That gives you 4.5 years out of a very expensive tire. Wearing them to the cords you can probably get 2 years out of a training tire, likely more. That equals in 4.5 years $220 vs all around like Conti $4K's at $70 a pair. Likely because of using them in races, replacing them every year to make sure your tires are plenty durable for racing = $315. Sure it's not much. But all in all you're spending more for slightly less speed. Using the aforementioned sale and stretching your training equipment to the very brutal end the math moves even further into your favor.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Last edited by: Jloewe: May 4, 18 7:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
epg0 wrote:

Curious, how are the attack/force 3s different from the prevous edition(s) ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
epg0 wrote:

I am not 100% sure - but I just picked up a set of used he's jet 6+ and heard these are a great pair.

I am just not sure which version works best?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
epg0 wrote:
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
epg0 wrote:

I am not 100% sure - but I just picked up a set of used he's jet 6+ and heard these are a great pair.
I am just not sure which version works best?

Just looked 'em up.

The old combo was 22mm / 24mm claimed.
The new set is 23mm / 25mm claimed.

If you're not a very heavy rider or not riding on really bad roads or on gravel, all other things being equal, the older attack/force set will be faster based on the tire widths.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Last edited by: DarkSpeedWorks: May 4, 18 8:02
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:

The old combo was 22mm / 24mm claimed.
The new set is 23mm / 25mm claimed.

If you're not a very heavy rider or not riding on really bad roads or on gravel, all other things being equal, the older attack/force set will be faster based on the tire widths.

I am 190lb, which as at the very upper end of the weight limit for the rims. Better off with the newer version?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, probably a good idea.
Although I think the old attack/force tires run a tad wider than claimed.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure the size didn’t change, but now they’re correctly labeled. I ran the set in a race two years ago and got a flat in the rear from rubbing - I knew it was tight, but the 25mm is pretty accurate now and labeled correctly.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free shipping with two tires and an extra 8% back with active junky, solid deal. I bought a pair of force to try with my flos, according to their tire study it's the fastest tire when both rolling resistance and aerodynamics are considered.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
25mm is far from accurate, at least on my HED Jet Disc & 9, they measured out to 27mm, and the front was at 26mm........Guess it depends on what wheels you are mounting them on ;)

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cobra_kai wrote:
Free shipping with two tires and an extra 8% back with active junky, solid deal. I bought a pair of force to try with my flos, according to their tire study it's the fastest tire when both rolling resistance and aerodynamics are considered.

Is the conti much faster than the gp4000s?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at TomA and Flo’s data it seems like it would be faster to run dual Force’s rather than having an Attack up front if you have wider rims when you combine rolling resistance and aerodynamics. Am I missing anything g or is this the case?

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: PSA - Conti Attack/Force $60 shipped at Nashbar [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the Flos this is true, but no way to know for sure on other wheels unless you test. It will depend on which dominates, the better rolling resistance of the force or superior aerodynamics of the attack.

Flo has definitely added some value by doing that legwork for their wheels, it would great if other manufacturers provided similar data.
Quote Reply