Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now -- Mar 22: C group leader needed!
Quote | Reply
... as of this writing. this is my favorite zwift ride of the week. see youse there.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Rappstar: Mar 22, 18 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I joined in again today having done the first one and missed the second. Fairly tough but enjoyable session. Rapp is pacing it very nicely for my ability. I'll probably do it most weeks if I can make it.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah. i dig that ride. i'm old and out of shape and grossly underridden. but rides like that help me a lot to crawl back.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What time is the ride today?

I think the US and Europe are still on a weird time difference as the clocks change here this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
What time is the ride today?

I think the US and Europe are still on a weird time difference as the clocks change here this weekend.

apparently we are again 11:30 pacific. here is the link.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all, I have to be at my son's school today and cannot lead C group. Any of the regular C group riders willing and able to lead? Just let me know and I'll give you the beacon. Thanks.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could lead, but I’m stuck in a hotel room without a trainer in LA while it’s raining.

I’ll head to Long Beach if I can get set up on a trainer at Zwift HQ ;)

In town for CVR World Cup. Need to ride to spin my legs in final days! Rain isn’t helping
Last edited by: TriowaCPA: Mar 22, 18 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriowaCPA wrote:
I could lead, but I’m stuck in a hotel room without a trainer in LA while it’s raining.

I’ll head to Long Beach if I can get set up on a trainer at Zwift HQ ;)

In town for CVR World Cup. Need to ride to spin my legs in final days! Rain isn’t helping

i'm happy to lead from the follow position ;-(

i'll be there, on the ride. we'll be fine one way or another.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, this weekend Europe switched to summer time (UTC +2, or UTC +1 for the UK). The Zwift events page shows Thursday's Hilly Vanilli ride at 20:35 CEST instead of the usual 19:35. Is this just an oversight or has the ride been moved? I missed the last two rides because of trainer problems, so I'm a bit "out of the loop"
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [helius2017] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
helius2017 wrote:
So, this weekend Europe switched to summer time (UTC +2, or UTC +1 for the UK). The Zwift events page shows Thursday's Hilly Vanilli ride at 20:35 CEST instead of the usual 19:35. Is this just an oversight or has the ride been moved? I missed the last two rides because of trainer problems, so I'm a bit "out of the loop"

i don't set up the ride, jordan does. i'll get him to answer soon.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please leave it there because I might actually be able to join :-)

On a somewhat serious note, and not necessarily expecting the rest of the world to bend to my convenience, I do wonder if you are hosting this 1 or 2 hours too early if you want to get the most participants from Europe. Anyone in the UK with kids like me will probably still be brushing teeth and putting them into their pyjamas at 18:30. At 19:30 there is a fighting chance that UK Dads will have tucked in the ankle biters and have time to grab a bottle and go throw on some lycra. Another hour later and the same will apply in Western mainland Europe.

Not that I have an overinflated view of my own importance or anything!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:

On a somewhat serious note, and not necessarily expecting the rest of the world to bend to my convenience, I do wonder if you are hosting this 1 or 2 hours too early if you want to get the most participants from Europe. Anyone in the UK with kids like me will probably still be brushing teeth and putting them into their pyjamas at 18:30. At 19:30 there is a fighting chance that UK Dads will have tucked in the ankle biters and have time to grab a bottle and go throw on some lycra. Another hour later and the same will apply in Western mainland Europe.

here it is. for this week. 11:30am PDT. it's at this time mostly for europe. i think this is about 6:30pm london time? i think? GMT? i hear what you're saying. but look, honestly, before i spend any more time on pleasing various folks various folks have to spend a little time pleasing me. zwift rides require ride leaders. i want 3 or 4 ride leaders for every ride we do. this means that if 1 of you falls off for a week i still have at least 2, and on the hilly vanilli we really probably need 3 groups, not 2.

i'm a 2.5w/kg guy at best, at least right now, for a 70min ride, so ride leaders don't need to be strong, they just need to be reliable. it's like those guys who pace marathoners. the guy pacing the 3:45 finisher time just needs to know how to reliably run a 3:45.

that's what i'm going to be asking for. then i'll be able to put a ride on the weekend, and then another ride for the left half of the U.S. who, right now, can't ride if they have regular daytime jobs.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now -- Mar 22: C group leader needed! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Hilli Vanilli - do you have to ride it yourself or can someone else perform for you while you just go through the motions while looking pretty and have great hair?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now -- Mar 22: C group leader needed! [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
The Hilli Vanilli - do you have to ride it yourself or can someone else perform for you while you just go through the motions while looking pretty and have great hair?

i actually wonder how many people get the joke. but it's kind of a double entendre, because of the whole virtual aspect of zwift. what's real? what's virtual? a great job of ride naming if i do say so myself.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
here it is. for this week. 11:30am PDT. it's at this time mostly for europe. i think this is about 6:30pm london time? i think? GMT?

11:30 PDT is 20:30 in europe and 19:30 in the uk (i think they already switched over to BST).
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [helius2017] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
helius2017 wrote:
Slowman wrote:

here it is. for this week. 11:30am PDT. it's at this time mostly for europe. i think this is about 6:30pm london time? i think? GMT?

11:30 PDT is 20:30 in europe and 19:30 in the uk (i think they already switched over to BST).

Tonight's ride appears to be scheduled for 19:35hrs GMT. Time "went forward" an hour last Sunday morning at 01:00hrs.
The usual time of 18:35 would suit me better but I can manage either most weeks - not sure about tonight.
Last edited by: Ai_1: Mar 29, 18 4:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

here it is. for this week. 11:30am PDT. it's at this time mostly for europe. i think this is about 6:30pm london time? i think? GMT? i hear what you're saying. but look, honestly, before i spend any more time on pleasing various folks various folks have to spend a little time pleasing me. zwift rides require ride leaders. i want 3 or 4 ride leaders for every ride we do. this means that if 1 of you falls off for a week i still have at least 2, and on the hilly vanilli we really probably need 3 groups, not 2.

i'm a 2.5w/kg guy at best, at least right now, for a 70min ride, so ride leaders don't need to be strong, they just need to be reliable. it's like those guys who pace marathoners. the guy pacing the 3:45 finisher time just needs to know how to reliably run a 3:45.

that's what i'm going to be asking for. then i'll be able to put a ride on the weekend, and then another ride for the left half of the U.S. who, right now, can't ride if they have regular daytime jobs.
Dan,

I'd love to volunteer to lead but since I've my first child on the way in a few weeks, I suspect my schedule may be unreliable for a while! If you're stuck in the next few weeks, feel free to PM me and I can probably help out but I can't make a long term commitment at the moment, sorry. I'd rather do the "C" ride.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now -- Mar 22: C group leader needed! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

i actually wonder how many people get the joke. but it's kind of a double entendre, because of the whole virtual aspect of zwift. what's real? what's virtual? a great job of ride naming if i do say so myself.

I had this cassette permanently in my walkman in junior high. I was crushed. Way to bring back the pain...

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aidan,

I made you the C-group leader for this week. Appreciate that you can't do it regularly, but appreciate you filling in. Just got called off to daddy-duty. Sorry to miss it again this week...

//Jordan

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Hilly Vanilli starts @ 11:30am Pacific, 2hr from now [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
Aidan,

I made you the C-group leader for this week. Appreciate that you can't do it regularly, but appreciate you filling in. Just got called off to daddy-duty. Sorry to miss it again this week...

//Jordan
Hi Jordan

Very sorry, I didn't see this post until late yesterday evening after the ride had ended and I didn't do last night's ride in the end. I would have made sure to had I known. I hope someone else was able to lead.
Quote Reply