Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports, Favero Assioma Duo for $519 @ Clever Training
Quote | Reply
Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb)

Favero Assioma Duo, use code HOLIDAY20

I know there is a seemingly never ending stream of issues with these, but still not a bad deal, putting them in the range of Favero Assioma Duos. One year warranty which is ehh. I'm also personally not a huge fan of the idea of pedal power, but if you didn't pick up a PM over black friday and have been looking, this could be it.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Dec 18, 19 13:29
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:

I know there is a seemingly never ending stream of issues with these, but still not a bad deal, putting them in the range of Favero Assioma Duos. One year warranty which is ehh. I'm also personally not a huge fan of the idea of pedal power, but if you didn't pick up a PM over black friday and have been looking, this could be it.

$1 is too much for the vectors. The frustration that comes with it isn’t worth it
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a set of Vector 3's earlier this year and they have been absolutely reliable and problem-free. No muss, no fuss. They just work. (And for tri / TT bikes, they eliminate the clearance issues that a lot of crank-based power meters have.) If I didn't already own a set, this looks like a great deal!
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [tik86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tik86 wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

$1 is too much for the vectors. The frustration that comes with it isn’t worth it

amen!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [FlashBazbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on a great deal - mine are bomb proof, they were not at first but I can’t get them to glitch or have an issue now. I have 2 sets also, just have to change batteries and not worry about anything else.

This price is a steal
Last edited by: teddygram: Dec 18, 19 12:19
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
tik86 wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

amen!

Favero assiomas are better.

IG -frebay | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whilst I’m sure that not everyone’s have problems and I’m sure the majority are fine, it only takes a quick google search to see how many problems the vectors have or had. For me to even consider buying the vectors again they would need to be cheaper than the Assiomas. The rechargeable battery alone makes it worth it over the vectors.

One thing worth checking before getting a pedal based system is to chat to your bike fitter about wether a look based pedal system is right for you.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [tik86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are all the reactions I expected for this thread :P, and I think I agree with all of them.

At $600 these are cheaper than the Favero Duo MSRP, however you can also get those for $519 after the 20% off coupon, HOLIDAY20, at clever training right now. Good time to buy if you're looking for either of the viable pedal based options!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have tried with the Vectors. I really have. But they are garbage. I want a powermeter, not a heavy pedal that has a battery inside it. Therefore, you couldn't pay me to own another set of these crappy pedals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
terrible product. Worse is the actual pedal platform itself. I found it didn't ride nearly close to as well as a Look KEO pedal it was trying to align with even with Garmin cleats.

FWIW: I moved to PowerTap pedals and they are bomb proof AND I actually like the pedal platform more than my Look KEO pedals on my road bike.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
At $600 these are cheaper than the Favero Duo MSRP, however you can also get those for $519 after the 20% off coupon, HOLIDAY20
Ditto the feedback on the Assioma. Even at the everyday price of $650, I would spend the extra $50 for brand new pedals versus a refurb. But with a 20% discount, the Vector 3 is DOA.

I have the Assioma, and I love them. I had P1 pedals before that, and I liked them a lot. If I had to buy today, I think the V3 would have to be at least $100 cheaper than Assioma pedals before I would even consider them. But, realistically, I probably would not move the needle until the V3 was around $200 cheaper than Assioma.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of Vector 3s and they are the worst cycling-related product I've ever owned
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tik86 wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

damn right. i went through 2 of them before i dumped them and went the the faveros. couldnt be happier.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those of you still having an issue with your V3 did you ever install or purchase the “revised” revised door and revised battery board?

It’s not something Garmin made public but they completely fixed all issues with the system with a door and board update beginning to mid summer 2019.

It easy to tell if the door is updated or not, the first revised door has silver internals, the revised revised door has “Gold” internals. The board is a little more complicated to tell if it has changed. If you have not updated the pedal with these parts you are going to and will continue to have issues.

I updated mine with these parts at the beginning of summer and put about 5 rides a week and around 15-20hrs a week on main set without them ever missing a beat. I only had to change battery’s every so often. The pedals also get changed from a gravel bike to TT bike to road bike to trainer bike through the week so they get moved a lot.

Here is the kit you can buy - you can also call them and they might just send it to you if you tell them you have the older revised door vs the new gold one and still have issues.

https://buy.garmin.com/...8682/pn/S00-01030-00
Last edited by: teddygram: Dec 18, 19 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In light of the unintended discussion of the terrible-ness of the Vectors, I've updated the title of the thread to reflect an equally good deal on a great product that is rarely on sale. Continue the discussion if desired.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went and took a door off my pedal and snapped a photo of the old vs new revised updated door

Last edited by: teddygram: Dec 18, 19 13:51
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the new doors and they still failed after a few months. Garmin did replace them with some wrangling from my LBS
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vectors are such garbage that they're one of DC Rainmakers go-to pedals. Oh snap... [/pink]
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
I had the new doors and they still failed after a few months. Garmin did replace them with some wrangling from my LBS

Are you certain it was the gold doors as Garmin didn't offer these options up to the dealers at first and unless you did some digging on their forums it isn't really known?

Did you also replace the battery board along with it? The board replacement is necessary

What was the issue you had with the pedals? The door and board will fix the power issues they had which was 98% of what customers were having issues with (pairing, spikes, battery drain etc), they will not fix another manufacture issue the units could be having.
Last edited by: teddygram: Dec 18, 19 14:27
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports, Favero Assioma Duo for $519 @ Clever Training [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, V3 worked perfectly for me for over a year now (new door). support is second to none
I guess the people that got burnt with a bad product will always be more loud than majority that is happy, its only natural. same thing as with fenix5 gps accuracy
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports, Favero Assioma Duo for $519 @ Clever Training [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I apparently completely missed the memo that tri sports was bought rebranded a bit and moved to Oregon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
USCoregonian wrote:

Are you certain it was the gold doors as Garmin didn't offer these options up to the dealers at first and unless you did some digging on their forums it isn't really known?

Did you also replace the battery board along with it? The board replacement is necessary

What was the issue you had with the pedals? The door and board will fix the power issues they had which was 98% of what customers were having issues with (pairing, spikes, battery drain etc), they will not fix another manufacture issue the units could be having.

Yeah, I just got the new battery doors (gold'ish platted contacts) and the new circuit boards. Changed them out, along with using the CR1/3N batteries. Hopefully this puts the numerous headaches I have with the pedals to rest......

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
tik86 wrote:
realbdeal wrote:

damn right. i went through 2 of them before i dumped them and went the the faveros. couldnt be happier.

I went through ver1 ver2... thx but will never buy a garmin pm as their are garbage.

P1s and after they died I went with Assioma - never ever a problem.

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: Garmin Vector 3 Dual (refurb) for $599 @ TriSports [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yup... ver 1 and ver 2 here as well. i will say, after spending a lot of time on the phone (through several calls) with a great service manager garmin did make it right and their support was really good. i think they just had a very bad design early on.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wondering why you don’t like pedal power?
Quote Reply

Prev Next