Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PRP for SI joint
Quote | Reply
Hello! Does anyone have experience with prp in and around SI joint. I have had good results with steroid injections but looking for a healthier option! Specifically, pain rating post procedure!
Quote Reply
Re: PRP for SI joint [Koha0501] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koha0501 wrote:
Hello! Does anyone have experience with prp in and around SI joint. I have had good results with steroid injections but looking for a healthier option! Specifically, pain rating post procedure!

Yes - I've done it to address stretched out ligaments in my SI joint. Had excellent results, however I have had to get periodic prolotherapy injections as follow-up. About every 2 years or so I'll start feeling loose in my SI joint, with pain that builds - when that happens I get another round of prolotherapy.
Quote Reply
Re: PRP for SI joint [darkwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How was the pain after? At what point were you able to go back to work, drive, etc?
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: PRP for SI joint [Koha0501] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Koha0501 wrote:
How was the pain after? At what point were you able to go back to work, drive, etc?
In Reply To:

So..I was never unable to work (white collar desk person) but driving was limited. My ability to train was what was most limited - besides discomfort in my back I had recurring injuries elsewhere. It was a gradual ramp back up, combined with PT. I'd say that 6 weeks after the shots I was considerably improved. Note that we were also treating a torn hamstring with PRP at the same time.

One thing to remember - I've done PRP for both the SI Joint/hamstring and for my right ankle (much more recently). In both cases, the first 10 days I was WORSE after the injections - then things turned around.

I should also note that each time I've had PRP, I've taken 2 days in bed and then just resumed PT and activity as I was before the injections. So the improvement I've seen from each cannot be attributed to rest.
Quote Reply
Re: PRP for SI joint [darkwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your experience
Quote Reply