Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

POC making the Tempor again(?)
Quote | Reply
Listed on their website (although sold out)
Vive Le Velo says they are getting a stock of them/taking pre-orders (at a non-eye watering price) - they note them as a 2021 model.

Most of the info coming from TTF so far, (and Vive Le Velo's FB page) haven't been able to find out much more yet.

Would be nice for the folks searching for one not willing to pay $700+ for a used one.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it’s worth that helmet is super fast if you can get the tail flush with your upper back and hold position.
Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would still assume it would be a little bit speed and yaw dependent in the open road. I can't imagine it would be as fast on someone who isn't super flexible and can't replicate a Campanaerts or Huub Wattbike style position. I also can't imagine it would do great on someone averaging well under 25mph. Even though that transition looks great when the position is right, if it isn't perfect and there's crosswind on a slow rider........probably not a "best" choice.

That's spitballing. I'd love to own one someday and do a test on myself to see. I currently ride a Poc Cerebel.

Since it is a bit dependent on a pretty great position, I can't see it really being a great sell for an "average joe" rider. Not everyone can pull off that fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Morelock wrote:
Listed on their website (although sold out)
Vive Le Velo says they are getting a stock of them/taking pre-orders (at a non-eye watering price) - they note them as a 2021 model.

Most of the info coming from TTF so far, (and Vive Le Velo's FB page) haven't been able to find out much more yet.

Would be nice for the folks searching for one not willing to pay $700+ for a used one.

I doubt they're making them again - they never sold well in the first place, are fairly fragile, and are only fast if you can adapt to the position in which they work well...worded differently, unlike an aerohead, for example, the tempor is either stunningly fast or stunningly slow, with no middle ground.

My presumption is that these are the remaining three dozen or so NIB helmets that WattShop had on hand, and took off the market at the first of the year.

I absolutely love mine, BUT it took a lot of testing and work to make sure that it would work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only hope they are making this helmet again! I think they would be able to fill a big pre-order if they did.

Edit: it would be nice if they updated the retention system and a size that worked for smaller heads.
Last edited by: Ohio_Roadie: Aug 20, 20 8:55
Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
and do a test on myself to see.

I know a place where we can not only access that helmet (in 1 of 2 colors even) but test it for you to see if it's fast :-)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

I know a place where we can not only access that helmet (in 1 of 2 colors even) but test it for you to see if it's fast :-)

Was that at that place when I was at that place the last time I was at that place?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When will then be now? Soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Mask vs. no mask... the data we need.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
burnthesheep wrote:

Aaaaaghhh. I see your signature. And the A2 is a very reasonable drive from here also. Likely out of my budget though, even on a group day kind of thing. It was a stretch for me to sneak my freshest kit into the house as is.
Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:

Was that at that place when I was at that place the last time I was at that place?

Yes they were. Bottom L corner of the helmet rack to the right of where we stand/sit when we're looking at the data coming in.

FWIW I only remember a few tests where it was as fast or the slightly faster helmet on the day

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Aaaaaghhh. I see your signature. And the A2 is a very reasonable drive from here also. Likely out of my budget though, even on a group day kind of thing. It was a stretch for me to sneak my freshest kit into the house .

There seems to be enough pent up demand for testing that we could arrange it so you only have time to do a few runs. In and out in 15 min.

I may be back in NC in mid Sept for some family stuff I will probably have to handle.

If you, or anyone, is interested in testing PM me.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Aug 20, 20 12:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, it's a good thing I missed them as what good is it being fast if you can't look good doing it.

desert dude wrote:
Yes they were. Bottom L corner of the helmet rack to the right of where we stand/sit when we're looking at the data coming in.

FWIW I only remember a few tests where it was as fast or the slightly faster helmet on the day

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had emailed them, and they said their current version was discontinued, but an updated model is coming with an estimated available date of February 2021... Now we wait to see what it looks like? Maybe we will see it at the end of the Tour de France on EF Pro riders in the TT...
Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [rowleycd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rowleycd wrote:
I had emailed them, and they said their current version was discontinued, but an updated model is coming with an estimated available date of February 2021... Now we wait to see what it looks like? Maybe we will see it at the end of the Tour de France on EF Pro riders in the TT...

That or the Olympics

It would be nice for a few "quality of life" updates/upgrades in the refresh. I guess my head isn't shaped exactly like Gustav's because my Tempor is mega uncomfortable.

Quote Reply
Re: POC making the Tempor again(?) [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
Well, it's a good thing I missed them as what good is it being fast if you can't look good doing it.

I try not to test vaporware on athletes unless they insist. Never good to find out that a used helmet that originally sold for ~$250 now goes for ~$800 used and global supply is <10

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would probably never pass any credible cycling rules body, even lax USAC stuff, but I could see the market for a "base" helmet that accepts a variety of different attachable aero uppers.

Kind of like a low yaw upper, a high yaw upper, an upper for a non-turtled head position or an upper for a turtled head position.

Then you'd only be in maybe $75 new for the "base" helmet and then each "shell" you could sell for $100 or so.

I mean, the D2Z convertible helmet is already legal. Right? For road and TT use as a convertible? Same idea, but make several profiles available.

I dunno, that's totally spitballing and vision casting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the selector was the first to do this with it's tail sections. You could run a deep or shallow tail section to help mate up with your profile

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While they're not available to order yet, it does appear that POC is bringing back the Tempor, which would pop the Tempor Tulip bubble.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tested this back in 2014 and it made quite a difference: 0.220 vs 0.213. Pays to get it right.

desert dude wrote:
I think the selector was the first to do this with it's tail sections. You could run a deep or shallow tail section to help mate up with your profile

My YouTubes

Quote Reply