Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

POC Cerebel vs. Giro Airohead MIPS
Quote | Reply
I have a POC and I love certain things about the helmet (the visor is really sharp especially compared to by Rudy Boost 01). I do not like the fact that its so difficult to adjust while riding (I found I have to pull over and then adjust and then start again) which I don't like but the helmet was surprisingly cool in 28 C last year. I am looking at replacing it with the Airohead so wanted to know people's thoughts on that helmet and its ability to stay cool (cause I run hot).

Thanks.

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Re: POC Cerebel vs. Giro Airohead MIPS [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the aerohead for the past year. It's hot and heavy for sure. You will hear all of your breathing as it kind of all stays inside the helmet. I also haven't had the best luck with the visor staying unfogged. If you race in a lot of overcast or shaded conditions I wouldn't recommend it as he visor is an integral part of it being aero.
Quote Reply
Re: POC Cerebel vs. Giro Airohead MIPS [TizzleDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had both.. Ditched the aerohead and I'm using the POC. I couldn't race with the aerohead because of fogging issues. POC also has better visibility if you have a lower head position.
Tried defogging solution, rainx etc.. Didn't work for me. It's also hot AF and heavy. Too bad because it suited my position pretty well. I'd be willing to try it again for racing in dryer conditions. Unfortunately in South Florida mornings are 90% humidity or more.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: POC Cerebel vs. Giro Airohead MIPS [trailerhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had both as well. I have had one fogging issue with the aerohead but generally its not an issue in any race I do. I can't really compare the venting. Been too long since I had POC to really remember it however I've never felt like any aero helmet had done great at cooling or that its affected me. I do like the aerohead visor flips up and attached to the helmet which makes it super easy to get on as well as if there happens to be any fogging issues (or rain / darkness). POC def lighter but Aerohead was way more aero on me - I know helmets are individual.
Quote Reply