Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PF30 to GXP: Crank grinding despite spinning decently. What am I doing wrong? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay I feel terrible for continuing to bump this thread but maybe someone else will find it useful in the future also...

So I'm super close to order the bbinfinite but I have this feeling it won't actually work with the Riken, not because of the bottom bracket, but because of the shell of frame. When it rubbed before it rubbed the tiny little plastic ring on the bottom bracket, pictured here:

So even if I were to take that off for the new bottom bracket, it only adds a sliver of clearance because the shell is so fat. So if that tiny plastic ring was preventing my drive side from sliding in more than 1mm, won't I still have frame rub?

Another picture of the drive side:

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: PF30 to GXP: Crank grinding despite spinning decently. What am I doing wrong? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben, I'd recommend you just call BBInfinite and ask if they'll provide money-back guarantee that their BB386EVO to GXP will work with your Quarq Riken. If it fits I'm sure it will be very close. They show a photo on this BB page claiming clearance for Quarq and SRM. https://www.bbinfinite.com/...386evo-directfit-gxp But they don't mention the specific models supported and the clearance photo isn't for their BB386EVO-GXP because it shows some tapered length on the BB DS. The one for your install won't have any taper as it will end at the edge of the frame shell (see BB photos at top of page).
Quote Reply

Prev Next