Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PC question
Quote | Reply
In many PC threads I see the line "if you use PC's right". What does using them "right" mean? Are there some training plans that you should follow, or does "right" mean to ride them exclusively.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: PC question [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
right means exclusively or pretty much exclusively. Those who keep going back to regular cranks for "long rides" etc. seem to never report the big cycling improvements, although they frequently report good run improvement.

In the beginning I didn't think it would make much difference. I do now if you want to see the cycling improvement.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: PC question [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Frank. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something "wrong"...
Quote Reply
Re: PC question [jeffa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surely you switch back for races. I just got my first pair of PC's and am waiting for the correct BB to arrive. Should I ride on them in all cases except for my races?

Jon Bergmann
http://jonbergmann.com
Quote Reply
Re: PC question [JBergmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been riding PCs for about 20 months. I did switch back to regular cranks for a couple races last summer. However, my experiences tell me that it may have not been the right thing to do. I will be doing some testing before any of my bigger races this summer to determine if PCs or regular cranks will be faster. On a flat course, I have NO doubt that PCs are faster. On a hilly course, I think it depends on a lot of factors.
Quote Reply
Re: PC question [Goatboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I have just the opposite finding...I'm faster on hilly courses than on flat courses with PCs...but, I'm still very new on them (unlike Goatboy) and the flats don't give me any chance to rest those fatiguing hip flexors, so I have to quit pedalling periodically. The hills give me an automatic break.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply