Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PC aero adaptation aid
Quote | Reply
Based on cerveloguy's recommendation, I bought a M2 power module (quick release seatpost adjuster http://www.m2racer.com/...6c91692d838bd7a952b7) to replace my profile forward seatpost on my roadbike (Trek 5200). This thing works very well.

I am able to warmup with the seat set back in the road position, then easily use the quick release to move the seat forward on the rails to get to about 76 degrees to use the aerobars. When this gets too tiring on the hip flexors, I move the seat back a notch and ride the hoods. This is all done on the fly, without getting off the bike.

I may also add a Look Ergo Stem (adjustable stem to permit futher tinkering with aero position during pc adaptation).

Just thought I'd share this in case in can help anybody out.
Quote Reply
Re: PC aero adaptation aid [Tom in AL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you buy direct from manufacturer or at a LBS?
Quote Reply
Re: PC aero adaptation aid [Tom in AL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, unless you don't mind the gob of weight the Look Ergostem adds to your front end, I'd hold off on that. Because, as you note, PC adaptation is a PHASE. You will be able to get into your normal aero position, how soon that occurs depends upon...well, how soon you adapt!

For me, I think I'd stay out of the aero position more if I had an easier way to stay out of it. But, that slows my adaptation, because I'm not forcing myself into that position as much. So, maybe it's not beneficial to give yourself that easy out. Something to consider...On the other hand, if getting out of the aero position makes your riding more enjoyable, so you go out and ride more....you'll probably adapt faster than not riding as much but staying aero longer....so, maybe you can forget about everything I said! GO fellow PC'er!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Ergo stem comment [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the problems of trying to get back to your "normal" aero position is it may not be your "optimal" position. Time trial or triathlon speed is a trade off of power and aerodynamics.

Having the ability to tweak the position allows you to assess what is optimum for your racing now and next yext year as you further adapt. I like the idea.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: PC aero adaptation aid [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Did you buy direct from manufacturer or at a LBS? "

Cs7, I bought it from the manufacturer--I believe it is a new product and a new company.
Quote Reply