Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone.

Need some advice about ProBikeKit. I ordered a race kit in mid July and it never showed up now they wont answer my emails asking for a refund. Im based ib Australia. Got any tips for me to get a refund?
Thx
Angelo
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [angeandkell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That goes against all my experience with them, and anyone else's that I've heard. Have you tried calling them instead? They can be a little slow on the email. They also have a facebook page, perhaps post a message there?
I've never heard of them not coming through on any issues. I'd bet you'll get it resolved eventually.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Easy. Call up Visa and contest the charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed with the poster that said to dispute the charge (assuming you paid with a credit or debit card and not PayPal). They have the burden of proof that the item was delivered and if they can't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt, you will get your money back. Trust me, I'm a merchant.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Agreed with the poster that said to dispute the charge (assuming you paid with a credit or debit card and not PayPal). They have the burden of proof that the item was delivered and if they can't prove that beyond a shadow of a doubt, you will get your money back. Trust me, I'm a merchant.

Even if you paid with Paypal, call your credit card company. I never deal with Paypal when I have issues, I always go right to my credit card company.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My advice is to STOP USING CAPITAL LETTERS. YOU COME ACROSS AS AN ATTENTION WHORE DRAMA QUEEN.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IVE ONLY HAD GREAT EXPERIENCES WITH PBK, INCLUDING RETURNS AND EXCHANGES.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know for the US they require you to wait 30 days. I had a similar problem over the winter, after the 30 days were up they sent me the item again but required it to be sent to different address (work address for me).

have you gone beyond 30 days yet? Also what does their policy say about refunds? Maybe they prefer to deliver the product then do a refund?
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [gibson00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unusual experience. I have made probably 20+ purchases from PBK and have never had a problem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not my experience. Wife ordered me some stuff once and it included 2 bottles of chain lube which opened up and spilled over everything. Fortunately everything else was in bags, so the only loss was the lube.. they refunded the money for the lube.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve had heaps of gear delivered to NZ, and never had an issue. I’ve always found them pretty good with email communication. Was the package traceable? If so you could try the courier company that delivers locally in Oz .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hi Angelo,

I am also in Oz. I have bought heaps of stuff from PBK and most times delivery was about 5 working days. One purchase earlier in the year took over two weeks to turn up and had me worried. I emailed them and they just said it had been sent. It eventually turned up and a subsequent purchase came through in a bit over a week.

hope it works out for you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
angeandkell wrote:
Hi everyone.

Need some advice about ProBikeKit. I ordered a race kit in mid July and it never showed up now they wont answer my emails asking for a refund. Im based ib Australia. Got any tips for me to get a refund?
Thx
Angelo

i would try calling if possible. they once shipped the wrong item for me (shorts instead of a jersey). they told me to keep the shorts and sent a jersey as well. have made many (50+) purchases since discovering them with no issues. good luck getting it sorted it out!

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to use PBK a lot then had an expensive package not turn up. They made me wait a long,long time before refunding me. Their packages are not tracked.
I wasn't too happy with the way they dealt with it so since then use wiggle.com instead. They deliver really quickly to NZ, and it is usually free shipping too.
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [NoBrakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NoBrakes wrote:
I used to use PBK a lot then had an expensive package not turn up. They made me wait a long,long time before refunding me. Their packages are not tracked.
I wasn't too happy with the way they dealt with it so since then use wiggle.com instead. They deliver really quickly to NZ, and it is usually free shipping too.

Sore subject as I'm waiting for the shifters I ordered on 1 August to arrive from Wiggle which will complete my currently unridable new bike..... Same deal, no tracking and won't do anything until next week. Although they did email me yesterday asking me to review my recent products. My response to that was as follows:-

Dearest Wiggle Customer Services,

"We welcome your opinion on Wiggle which you can include at the end of the review form."

Perhaps if I may, I can offer a tiny bit of constructive feedback. I appreciate I'm not a customer services professional, and so this is just from a totally lay person viewpoint and I do appreciate that you are likely to be much more aware of how to liaise with customers than me. However, not withstanding all of the above, then I'd suggest that asking people for feedback on the goods that they ordered 22 days ago and still haven't received is not the best to improve their mood. On the plus side then I can at least print off the email with the images and then stick to the pictures of the shifters and mechs onto the new $6000 frame that arrived from Canada in 4 days and the other components from Chainreaction that arrived in 5 days and was sat leant up against the garage wall for the entire duration of my weeks holiday last week. At least then I could pretend that the bike is ridable.

Or perhaps I can do the review now. "Components are almost impossibly light. Benefit of them being made of the new lightweight material is that they are much thinner than the previous versions of Ultegra /Dura Ace that I've had before and thereform much more aerodynamic. This appears to have been at the cost of some stiffness though."

Regards, and attempting to maintain a good sense of humour whilst also making the point that I feel that you ought to ask your software engineers to include a block on sending out the feedback requests when there is an open customer service requst for the order.

Duncan"

They replied back today thanking me for my time in responding and confirming they couldn't do anything until Monday.
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [GREG_n_SD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GREG_n_SD wrote:
I know for the US they require you to wait 30 days.

I haven't ordered from PBK in about a year, but I have never had to wait 30 days. I always had stuff in hand, in the US, within a week.

Asad
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used them all, PBK, Wiggle, Total Cycling and CR. My favorite has been PBK, have never had a problem. Hope it works out for you.
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
GREG_n_SD wrote:
I know for the US they require you to wait 30 days.

I haven't ordered from PBK in about a year, but I have never had to wait 30 days. I always had stuff in hand, in the US, within a week.

Asad

I believe the 30 day wait reference was from the CC company on filing a claim.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: PBK DIDNT DELIVER AND WONT REFUND ME [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavHamm wrote:

I believe the 30 day wait reference was from the CC company on filing a claim.

Don't think so. GREG_n_SD was responding to the original post (which you can see if you click the "in reply to" above his post). And his comments about reshipping the item to a different address don't make sense in the context of getting a credit card refund.

Asad
Last edited by: asad137: Aug 24, 11 16:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've only dealt with them once...ordered a frame...received the wrong frame...sent it back and made money on the transaction due to the difference in exchange rates between the time of purchase and time of refund :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in New Zealand and the few times I've ordered from PBK they have been excellent. Speed of delivery aint the best (weeks not days) but the price and service has always been excellent. I only had to return one thing and it was relatively hassle free.

give them a call or contact them some other way maybe. Good luck

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered from PBK Sunday and received my order today (Wednesday). Seemed pretty good to me. BTW, how is it that their prices (Vitorria tires) are so much cheaper?

trav

Quote | Reply
A couple of years ago, I had bought a couple of things from PBK that didn't show up in the mail. I had to wait a certain length of time before I was allowed to declare the parcel as missing. However, they seemed pretty receptive and once that time period was over, they re-sent me the stuff (arrived within 10 days).

... About 4 months after the experience, the original package finally made it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What date did you order? I had to wait 3 weeks before, but usually the shipment arrives within a week.
----------------
From their FAQ:

How long will delivery take?
We will always do our best to dispatch orders within one working day of receipt of order, except for items requiring advance orders as indicated on our Websites. During busy periods this time frame can increase and we will endeavour to dispatch orders as soon as possible. UK orders will be delivered using first class Royal Mail or Parcel Force. Delivery is normally expected within 5 days of our email confirming dispatch of your order, if not sooner.
International orders will be dispatched via Royal Mail or Parcel Force. Delivery is normally expected within 10 to 21 days of of our email confirming dispatch of your order.
Quote Reply