Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’t think a P5x could get uglier. I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my . . . my affection for the P5X will never be the same again. That is off the wall!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [andreasjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd go vemtum frame... then I'd get the profile designs areia ultimate combo and ive seen pics of it with an integrated hydration system much like the canyon speedmax!!!

Not a fan of enve wheels so I could careless about em, so just about any decentlty good wheels will do the job here. I would luv etap but until the blipbox is no more, any form of di2 will be better!

So all in all, ventum is the winner of the 3!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man I gotta admit to love most new superbikes but that ventum to me just looks broken!
Last edited by: lightheir: Oct 25, 17 6:53
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many of the best reviews of it is that it fates quite well in crosswords something I'm surely most bikes suffer from!

When the time comes for a new bike, it'll be between vemtum or omni

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
BryanD wrote:
My eyes hurt after seeing that

Didn't think we'd ever agree on anything...

Haha well we have to start somewhere!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Oct 25, 17 7:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
andreasjs wrote:
Which bike would you rather own and why?

I had a P5 that I raced when I KQ'd in 2015 and now have a Ventum that I rode in Kona last year.

Key selling points for me were:
  • Integrated hydration
  • Much easier to work on/pack for travel
  • Incredibly solid/high quality frame/build
  • Flexibility in the build (I couldn't get enough drop on their standard bars so they credited me and I installed Alpha X bars that fit better
  • Customer service (Jimmy/Diaa/Rachel) are still accessible and helpful to this day, 18 months after purchase

Bike looks are subjective...only you can make that assessment.

Wind tunnel tests are a good starting point, but the gold standard is fit and individualized results. I wasn't able to attend the last wind tunnel test with Ventum however I have my fit dialed in and have had some of my best bike splits since making the change.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [jb4iu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jb4iu wrote:
andreasjs wrote:
Which bike would you rather own and why?

I had a P5 that I raced when I KQ'd in 2015 and now have a Ventum that I rode in Kona last year.

Key selling points for me were:
  • Integrated hydration
  • Much easier to work on/pack for travel
  • Incredibly solid/high quality frame/build
  • Flexibility in the build (I couldn't get enough drop on their standard bars so they credited me and I installed Alpha X bars that fit better
  • Customer service (Jimmy/Diaa/Rachel) are still accessible and helpful to this day, 18 months after purchase

Bike looks are subjective...only you can make that assessment.

Wind tunnel tests are a good starting point, but the gold standard is fit and individualized results. I wasn't able to attend the last wind tunnel test with Ventum however I have my fit dialed in and have had some of my best bike splits since making the change.

Thank you for sharing your Ventum experience.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buy a used P3, donate the remaining $10000 to charity, go just about as fast, and make the world a slightly better place.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Thomas Gerlach and All,

Thomas writes in part: That is probably the number one selling feature to me on the Morph-bar. It would be so simple to travel with that bar. Would easily make for the simplest pack possible.

I agree ............ the Morf-Tech bars should be very easy to pack ..... just loosen the stem bolts and swing the bars down next to the fork .....

...... plus I can join group rides on my P5 with the http://www.morf-tech.com/ bars in the handle bar position ...... without complaints about my aero bars .... which have disappeared.

While providing answers to some of the P5 travel complexities .... the Morf-Tech bars can also simplify travel for the P5X and the Ventum.

Also when loading my bike into the back of the SUV .... with the bars in the aero position .... no handle bars sticking out for easy loading.

I am thinking modifying the SUV with a home made plywood shelf about 8 inches or so high that I could slide the bike under and still have room for suitcases and other stuff on top. (I am planning to modify the arm pads so they either swivel or are a much narrower design.) Pedals off and a sturdy snap on cover over the rear derailleur completes the setup.

The shelf should have enough room inside for tools, pump, shorts, etc. ..... beside the bike.

Sooooo ......... I could have the P5 in the SUV all the time .... for whenever a ride opportunity came up.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Nov 6, 17 12:07
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:
I feel like the fact that Cervelo is the leading bike at Kona every year says something, and usually it's the P5 or P3 that you see them riding.

Being said, I don't ever see a Cervelo Rep commenting or being super respectable on any forums, and the customer service you'd get from Ventum would be insane. I mean Jimmy is willing to help out anyone to get on a bike! Wish I could afford one, ha!

Damon Rinard was respectful, very forthcoming and a frequent visitor on this forum when he was at Cervelo. Sadly, they seem to have dropped the ball since he left. It is beyond me why any Tri bike manufacturer does not visit this forum regularly.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [AC$] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just started riding a Ventum a month ago and at first was not sure about the whole design, water bottle on top tube, ride and fit. Can honestly say that the bike has been awesome, solid ride with great handling cross winds are much easier to handle, as a shop owner and mechanic one of the easiest bikes to work on and travel will be a breeze. The top tube hydration is the best, well designed and the magnets to hold the tube work great. The guys at Ventum have been great to work with.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [irnman1010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed; total game changer and completely practical. I've been riding my Ventum for almost 2 years and I'm as happy as the day I purchased it... I think that says a lot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ventum or TriRig Omni if they had an option for disc brakes.

I like the Lotus-style beam bikes. Getting rid of the downtube makes more sense to me than getting rid of the seat tube, specifically for aerodynamics. Keep the static leading edge in front of the wheel that doesn't steer.

That said, I'd definitely demo at least one bike from each beam geometry before buying -- maybe the Softride/Dimond/Falco/P5x beam bike is more comfortable on the long & bumpy road.

In the meantime, guess I'll keep working on my form & power so that I can justify the expense when I do get a new bike.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am convinced that slowtwitch forum has very little impact on overall tri-bike purchases...

I think slowtwitch is only important for direct to consumer small manufacturers such as Premeir, Tririg, Ventum. Most people who purchase tri-bikes trust their LBS. This seems true for entry tri-bike purchases to 10k+ bike purchases. Most people don't have a clue what stack and reach mean.

Otherwise, we'll have far better fitters to boot.

FatandSlow wrote:
It is beyond me why any Tri bike manufacturer does not visit this forum regularly.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious what SUV you are driving.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
I am convinced that slowtwitch forum has very little impact on overall tri-bike purchases...

Did you need convincing of this?? I am willing to bet the majority of triathletes haven’t even heard of Slowtwitch, let alone let it influence their purchases.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I don't get is, how do people buy tri bikes from an LBS in the first place? I can only think of two that I've ever been to that ever had any in stock, and one of those was a tri specialty shop.
Quote Reply
Re: P5 p5x or ventum? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
bloodyshogun wrote:

Did you need convincing of this?? I am willing to bet the majority of triathletes haven’t even heard of Slowtwitch, let alone let it influence their purchases.

They haven't. It's always hilarious to see people think bikes were designed for people on Slowtwitch.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply

Prev Next