Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P5 + Bento X (maybe with Alpha X) purely for tool storage?
Quote | Reply
All, looking for anyone that has the P5 and the TorHans Bento X purely for tool storage (tube, multitool, levers, co2 & adapter). I use that area in my DSW 483D right now and just wondering if there is a slightly more streamlined option out there. Yeah, unnecessary but I'll look down and smile. I found THIS LINK calling out that the Bento X was ~1.75" wide, narrower than the DSW when I pack it full, but likely a more abrupt transition than the DSW kit. Just trying to see if people have tried this out and liked it or not? Was worried it might not be big enough or that slit woudl allow stuff to pop out over bumps.

Quote Reply
Re: P5 + Bento X (maybe with Alpha X) purely for tool storage? [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have the bento X, just the original Torhans bento on my top tube and it’s not great for holding much more than Gu’s and maybe some salt. But I use a bottom bracket storage box and that holds quite a bit.. if you have bottles on your downtube then the company makes a box that fits around the seat post. Might be worth looking into

https://custombikexcessories.com/...-bracket-storage-box

That’s the link for the bb storage

If you don’t like either one of those look into Drag2Zero, they have an aero bottle/storage box that fits over the bb that looks really nice
Quote Reply
Re: P5 + Bento X (maybe with Alpha X) purely for tool storage? [jaja518] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaja518 wrote:
I don’t have the bento X, just the original Torhans bento on my top tube and it’s not great for holding much more than Gu’s and maybe some salt. But I use a bottom bracket storage box and that holds quite a bit.. if you have bottles on your downtube then the company makes a box that fits around the seat post. Might be worth looking into

https://custombikexcessories.com/...-bracket-storage-box

That’s the link for the bb storage

If you don’t like either one of those look into Drag2Zero, they have an aero bottle/storage box that fits over the bb that looks really nice

I got this box for my P2. It's pretty brilliant, I am completely impressed with it. Looks great, more than enough room for tubes, multitool, CO2 and tire irons, and I don't notice it.

I have the bento X and tried at first to use it as storage but it's not really enough space I found.

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: P5 + Bento X (maybe with Alpha X) purely for tool storage? [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is a nice design. As you said, I have a tube, CO2, multi tool, power link, gloves, and a small hand pump(incase CO2 fails) all stuffed in there and the lid has never popped off while riding or anything!
Quote Reply