Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3 welds compared to P2
Quote | Reply
I saw these bikes side-by-side at the LBS, and noticed that the welds on the P3 seat stays weren't nearly as smooth as on the P2. Is this common, or was it just a sample variation?

By the way, the paintjob on the P2 was spectacular...the deep blue really looked slick.

OOPS! I meant P2K!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Last edited by: ktalon: Jan 12, 03 11:15
Quote Reply
Re: P3 welds compared to P2 [ktalon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I won't address the welds issue since I have neither a P3 nor a P2K, to which I presume you are referring. Do you really mean the Cervelo P2? I take your post to mean the P2K, since you saw the bikes side by side at a bike shop. The P2 hasn't been produced since 1999, but in case you're really talking about that bike I have seen P2s with lots of paint chips. I think Cervelo had a lot of problems with paint in the early years. A friend also has a 2000 P2K and described the paint job as so poor that it would fall off if you look at it. But to Cervelo's credit he sent it back to be repainted this past year.

I just bought a never-ridden P2 and hope to ride it for the first time this week. I'm psyched, but I hope the beautiful black paint stays nice.

-David
Quote Reply