Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case?
Quote | Reply
ill need a travel case for my bike at the end of the year. ive been eyeballing the evoc road bike bag pro as it looks like i wont have to break everything down as much

https://www.evocsports.com/ROAD-BIKE-BAG-PRO/100408100

of course i read one bad review online regarding the zipper being busted up in travel and now unusable, and it has me gun shy.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timely.
I went to load my P3x into my Premier tactical case last week for testing and realized I was going to need to come up with something to hold the through axles in place. Looks like I'll be doing my testing after CHOO 70.3

Whoever thought disc brakes on TT bikes was a good idea needs to be punched in the face, twice. Once for each wheel.

I may rig something up with 2 pieces of wood per wheel, drill a hole through the wood pieces then run shoelaces through it all to hold it together. The tactical is such a sweet case I really don't want to get another case

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i loved my tactical case but “let it go” begrudgingly when i sold the bike. it was def a really great case for the bike it was built for.

Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't say whether the P3X will fit easily, but I like my hardshell thule case. Thru-axle disc brake compatible! I think its called the round-trip transition bag.
Last edited by: kerikstri: Apr 20, 21 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian - Are you able to use standard rim brake quick releases to secure the disc brake wheels?

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i loved my tactical case but “let it go” begrudgingly when i sold the bike. it was def a really great case for the bike it was built for.

Was there any particular reason you sold your Tactical? Just curious, as I may buy the tactical bike, as my trusty Cervelo P2c recently died.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My p5x came with a Biknd Helium v4 case, as shown here - https://www.racycles.com/product/detail/12732
Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scion AeroComfort 3.0 TSA triathlon for my PX, comes thru axle ready and easy to wheel around. Flown twice so far in the past 3 months and no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dkennison wrote:
Brian - Are you able to use standard rim brake quick releases to secure the disc brake wheels?

Hmmmm IDK, that was a thought that didn't occur to me. I will have to check once I get back to AZ later this week. Will let you know if that works.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: P3X folks... what are you using for a travel case? [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
damon.lebeouf wrote:

Was there any particular reason you sold your Tactical? Just curious, as I may buy the tactical bike, as my trusty Cervelo P2c recently died.

there was an association to someone else after a divorce. i needed to move away from it and ride something else. honestly nothing wrong with the bike at all, it was a lovely bike to ride.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
ill need a travel case for my bike at the end of the year. ive been eyeballing the evoc road bike bag pro as it looks like i wont have to break everything down as much

https://www.evocsports.com/ROAD-BIKE-BAG-PRO/100408100

of course i read one bad review online regarding the zipper being busted up in travel and now unusable, and it has me gun shy.

I have this bag too, but I got it last year pre covid and am yet to have used it

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The built-in bike stand alone makes the case worth considering. I have a P3X in XL and a 2 year old Evoc Pro. Bag has 3 car and one plane trip on it and still looks like new. Bike fits fine and when I had to build the bike in a grassy parking lot at Challenge Miami to beat transition closing, the stand was awesome.
Quote Reply