Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: P2 TriRig build (rear brake) [P McCatty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
P McCatty wrote:
flocrest wrote:
I wanted to follow up with my mechanics solution for this. He took his time and drilled out a hole so he could epoxy a brake cable stop inside the insert box. Took him a while but this way it is just a cable running through the tube and not the cable and housing. Haven't been outside to try it but the brake pull is really nice. Couple of pics....

I would advise against this. I came up with a similar solution where I modified the plastic cable guide by adding an internal cable stop that also fully housed a Jagwire Noodle to redirect the cable towards the rear. I did this by a 3D Scan of the existing piece & reworking it in Autodesk Inventor, then having an updated version printed. The part itself is solid. However, the bucket in which it sits is NOT load bearing. And the change in direction as the cable arches through the top tube will reveal this.

See Damon's take on the situation specifically HERE. Also check out the post he was replying to.
Agreed, the shown modification is potentially unsafe. The best bet is just run full housing all the way back. Safer, cleaner (fewer ingress points for grime), functions great.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next