Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

P2K Sizing: Follow-up
Quote | Reply
Thanks again to anyone attempts to interpret my inept descriptions.

Have had my measurements taken again, and was given the formula they use:

Inseam: 88

Outseam R: 95

Outseam L: 95

Take your inseam and multiply by .885. (88 x .885 = 77.88)

Then take your outseam and subtract the crank length. (95 – 17.5 = 77.5).

The two figures that you come up with should be pretty close to each other (within 2cm), to make sure that you have your measurements right. (So far, so good.) From this, the guy in the store seemed to be able to decide that I would ride a 54cm frame. My question, quite simply, is how?

Sorry to be a nuisance with this, but where I live I can’t just go into a store and sit on a number of different sized P2K frames and decide on the basis of that. I also am on a 55cm (650c) QR Kilo, cannot get comfortable (I have a lot of seat post !!) and have been told that the frame is too small.

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing: Follow-up [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These numbers seem to make a little more sense.There are still to many variables to make an assessment based solely on your inseam.For instance I have an inseam a little shorter than you.(86cm)I ride a 61cm P2k at about 78 deg.I guess my femur is a little short.At 6'4" I need more top tube.If my femur was longer with same inseam I may have opted to go with a 58 and ride in a more shallow set up.(75 deg.)Hopefully your fitter has an understanding of this and much more.Make sure before you order or find a dealer who will make it right if they are wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: P2K Sizing: Follow-up [Oz Tri-Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Lemond system you measure your inseam and multiply by .67 to get frame size and multiply by .883 to get seat height.

Realize that these are for a road bike. For a tri bike you might want to raise your seat slightly at a steeper 78 angle and my possibly want to buy a tri bike one size smaller than your road bike, but check with each manufacturer first.

The bike fit basics are described here http://www.coloradocyclist.com/BikeFit/index.cfm
Quote Reply