Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Outing the Age Group (50-54)
Quote | Reply
I'm calling you out. How many ST'ers are in the 50-54 age group. I'll have a racing age of 54 (as opposed to my real age of 39) in 2007. Last year in the age group. Know psycholist is in who else?

Cheers,
Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [ttracer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm racing my 16th season as 52.

Bring it on!!!

: )

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
52 . Retire next year. Plan on turning PRO : )
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
51 going on 15!

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [dennis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's the idea. Think we should form the first over 50 pro team. Team Aging Idiots, has a nice ring to it. Just think of the sponsors we could get. Do they still make Geritol? "Help, I've crashed my bike and can't get up." How about Phonak? Now here's a team they could get their product around.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know why they let children like you enter adult races...
(56)

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only have the utmost respect for my ELDERS.

May I help you accross a street :^)

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50 here. I may even train next year.

Don

Tri-ing to have fun. Anything else is just a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just turned 54. You don't have to worry about me though, I only race time trials. Actually, you wouldn't have to worry about me no matter what I raced! :)

Azby
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [Azby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only race TT too. Bet there are more of us.

Ric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 51 and consider myself half-way through life. I've got another good twenty years to build a substantial base.

You will be suprised how many young old guys there are out there, especially here on ST. Parkito and LarDog are top AG's, among others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, you guys are in trouble...I believe Monty, Scott Molina and Joe Boness are all 50-54. I thought the easiest way to get fast is to get older and hope the fast guys drop out....seems like everyone has the same strategy including the fast guys!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will be 50 in March, and am still trying to get faster. :o(

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that's the idea. Think we should form the first over 50 pro team. Team Aging Idiots, has a nice ring to it.

Or, Team AI for short. People could confuse that with Team Artificial Intelligence, which in my case would be considered appropriate as I seem to lack any of my own.

52 and a half thank, you very much. According to my wife, I already have turned pro.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
51 here and only in my third triathlon season. 30 plus years marathoner though. Scary thought. Had a lot of scary dreams last night about mortality.
But at least there are other "older" triathletes here. But I be proud because I still kick some serious younger butt out there training...so not feeling so old afterall.

------------------------------------------------

Trying to find ways to pass the time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I moved into 55-59 last year. Much prefer it. At least I can occassionally now win my AG. Those youngsters in 50-54 were much too fast.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"How many ST'ers are in the 50-54 age group."

you talking about my house? :-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [1K Island] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkito and LarDog are top AG's,

ROTFLMAO!

Thank you, you have made my year.

:-)

Who are you? Where do you live? Where do I send the Christmas present? Or do you just what cash?

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [BiasedOyster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was out riding a few weeks with a 20 something teammate. Was feeling good and even making the young buck work a bit. Then we hooked up with some other cyclists and one asks...."is that your son?" The pain, oh the pain.

Ric
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't that you on the podium at Madison this year? Small, unmarked bills will be fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeya! I'm aging up so I can race Elwood again.
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just when I thought I might make the top of my AG...fffffttt....waaay fast guys in the 50-54 age group.
Well back to training again.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I go for the Team AI concept, but the AI would stand for Aged and Immature. When I'm around most other people my own age, I feel like a little kid. And I'm always shocked when I look in the mirror. Who's that old man staring back? My head doesn't appear to belong on my body. Fitness doesn't take away baldness and gray hair.

I'm only TT and Tri relay as well.

As for the big names in the 50-54 age group, I've heard a rumor that Kent Bostick may be backing things off a notch ... finally. That's good news for us TT folks. Word is he has a new youngin' at home. That'll mess you up at 25. Can't imagine what it would be like to handle at 50+!

I've been seeing a guy at time trials down here in South Carolina who is 75 and who wins everything he enters. Of course, he's usually the only participant in his age group. Regardless, he looks amazing and is mentally quite together. Unfortunately, you can see he longs for some competition. He doesn't accept that he's accomplished anything by merely being the last man standing.

Being the last man standing was going to be my strategy, but I can see by this thread that I may have to live and race for a very loooooooong time to accomplish that. My hat's off to everyone here! (Oops ... better go get some sunscreen!)

Bob C.

The "science" on any matter can never be settled until every possible variable is taken into account.
Quote Reply
Re: Outing the Age Group (50-54) [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey maybe Slowman could invite all of us Old farts to his house for a long weekend of training and hanging out in his hot tub...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will turn 50 on Dec. 27th this year! Can't wait to compete in the 50-54 age-group next year. Watch out Joe, I'll be right behind you next year!!! Z
Quote Reply

Prev Next