Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Outer foot and ankle pain with new shoes...
Quote | Reply
I'm sure approximately 100% of the people here are more versed in running than myself so I'm seeking opinions. I recently decided to get new running shoes as my old ones were well old. I switched from a pair of asics (nimbus if I remember correctly) to the new Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Flyease.

I am now experiencing pain on the outside of my left foot and ankle. The pain is not really felt while running so I'm kind of wondering if this is something that I should chalk up to getting used to the new shoes or if it's something that should have me exploring new options for running shoes.

Before buying the FLYEASE pegasus I tried on/out the standard lace up version of the Pegasus 37 and found them very comfortable and did not experience any pain though it was a short trial run. From what I've ready they made some changes to the pegasus 37 though I'm not sure if the model I tried and the model I got were different or not outside of laces.

Thanks in advance to all who are willing to give their 2 cents on this opinion.

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Quote Reply
Re: Outer foot and ankle pain with new shoes... [ProWrench84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is that your Asics shoe had a bit more stability/support in the heel vs the pegasus. Do you run on the road against traffic? If so that cant in the road may be letting you supinate more with your left foot in the Nike. Not necessarily a bad thing- maybe ease in to the Nikes with some shorter runs until you get used to them. The Pegasus is a great shoe. If you end up wanting a bit more stability in the heel, look at the Zoom Vomero and keep the Pegasus for a tempo/workout shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Outer foot and ankle pain with new shoes... [Zissou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zissou wrote:
My guess is that your Asics shoe had a bit more stability/support in the heel vs the pegasus. Do you run on the road against traffic? If so that cant in the road may be letting you supinate more with your left foot in the Nike. Not necessarily a bad thing- maybe ease in to the Nikes with some shorter runs until you get used to them. The Pegasus is a great shoe. If you end up wanting a bit more stability in the heel, look at the Zoom Vomero and keep the Pegasus for a tempo/workout shoe.

Thanks for the response! I was thinking that easing into them would be needed but with my limited knowledge of running (i'm a cyclist and swimmer that runs due to tri requirement lol) I wanted to make sure this issue wasn't one that would likely continue to get worse if I kept trying to make them work.

So far all my runs in the Pegasus have been treadmill runs as the weather has been pretty wet where I am since they came in. I'll defiantly do some time splitting with them and my asics in hopes of my left foot/ankle getting used to them.

ig - @servicecourse_evv
Last edited by: ProWrench84: Dec 31, 20 6:21
Quote Reply
Re: Outer foot and ankle pain with new shoes... [ProWrench84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ProWrench84 wrote:
Zissou wrote:

Thanks for the response! I was thinking that easing into them would be needed but with my limited knowledge of running (i'm a cyclist and swimmer that runs due to tri requirement lol) I wanted to make sure this issue wasn't one that would likely continue to get worse if I kept trying to make them work.

So far all my runs in the Pegasus have been treadmill runs as the weather has been pretty wet where I am since they came in. I'll defiantly do some time splitting with them and my asics in hopes of my left foot/ankle getting used to them.

Another good shoe that controls the heel very well is the Saucony Endorphin Shift. I always feel my heel locked in through the entire run as I tend to get lazy as the miles go by. I'm not familiar with the Nike line, but know Saucony pretty well and love them.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply