Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ottawa's Hammerfest Tri (Illinois)
Quote | Reply
Really great race for June 21, 2003 -- www.HAMMERFESTTRI.com

* formerly Starved Rock tri

* Very cool Tri Team Competition --individually-racing athletes earn points for team score (similar, but more complex than cross country or swim meets, etc., more like wrestling scoring, but not exactly).

* No longer a point-to-point

* Awesome sponsors, schwag and post-race expo

In a former life, Hellriegel was my training partner. Going head to head all day, I let him win at Kona in 1997.
Quote Reply
Re: Ottawa's Hammerfest Tri (Illinois) [Hammstah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I did the race last year and enjoyed pretty much everything besides the bus issues in the morning. The swim site last year was really nice. How is the fox river for swimming? It can't be very deep can it? If there is a lot of rain prior to the race what will that do to bacteria levels and debris in general? The shaded out and back run course on the IM canal trail is a great location for the run!

sweet
Quote Reply
Re: Ottawa's Hammerfest Tri (Illinois) [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, no more bus issues!

The Fox, at that area, is a minimum of 3.5 ft deep, as that was one of my requirements. I have worked closely with DNR, Ill. EPA, LaSalle Cty Health Dept, City of Ottawa, a local boat club and the local river rescue squad to insure safety. As well, I will be having the water tested in April, May and June (as close as I can to the race). If there is a problem with bacteria, we'll do a du...the same as any other race.

In a former life, Hellriegel was my training partner. Going head to head all day, I let him win at Kona in 1997.
Quote Reply
Re: Ottawa's Hammerfest Tri (Illinois) [Sweet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really glad you liked the race, and hope you'll register for this year!!!

Quote Reply