Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orca Predator 2015 vs other high end wetsuits
Quote | Reply
Anyone that has used the new Orca Predator with the 0.88 arms...can you give feedback on it versus other high end suits such as the Roka Maverick Pro or X?

Let me know asap! I have the new Orca Alpha with the 0.88 arms so I love that, but I'm not a great swimmer so it doesn't work out as well since its built for good swimmers and I'm not!
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Predator 2015 vs other high end wetsuits [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Anyone that has used the new Orca Predator with the 0.88 arms...can you give feedback on it versus other high end suits such as the Roka Maverick Pro or X?

Let me know asap! I have the new Orca Alpha with the 0.88 arms so I love that, but I'm not a great swimmer so it doesn't work out as well since its built for good swimmers and I'm not!

Roka also has the "built for good swimmers" reputation. I've never understood it, personally. As best I can tell, what people mean is that the Rokas disproportionately float the legs as opposed to the upper body, that they're as flexible as possible in the shoulders, and that they're designed to promote rotation. All of those strike me as desirable for *all* swimmers. I'm only a decent swimmer, but the Roka is the best-swimming suit I've tried (and I've tried many, albeit not Orca). Even more important than materials and features, it seems to me, is fit, but that's a hard thing to assess without actually trying a suit on.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Predator 2015 vs other high end wetsuits [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which roka do you have? What's the difference between the X and the Pro? Probably minimal right?
Quote Reply
Re: Orca Predator 2015 vs other high end wetsuits [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, how was your arm fatigue with roka suit? The thing I like about the orca is the 0.88 arms makes it feel like a sleeveless suit. Hoping the Predator can help me make a bad swimmer into a faster swimmer lol..

But I hear a lot of hype on the rokas!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Which roka do you have? What's the difference between the X and the Pro? Probably minimal right?

I have the Elite. I found the Pro only very marginally more flexible, and I wasn't crazy about the forearm fabric panel, in part because I swim in very cold water and want insulation in that spot, and also found the thinner neoprene strips along the legs to make them seal a tad less well. But they're both great suits, and for a really strong swimmer I suspect the differences I perceived as subtle would seem more significant in favor of the Pro. I've never tried the X, but I think the key difference is an arms-up design, which should free the shoulders even more and perhaps reduce stress on the materials in that area, too. As in all areas, it's hard to assess how much money marginal improvements are worth, that's a very individual decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
Also, how was your arm fatigue with roka suit? The thing I like about the orca is the 0.88 arms makes it feel like a sleeveless suit. Hoping the Predator can help me make a bad swimmer into a faster swimmer lol..

But I hear a lot of hype on the rokas!

Both the Pro and Elite have less arm fatigue for me compared to the DeSotos, Xterras, and a few other mainstream brands I can't recall that I've tried. And let's be frank, individual fit is a big component here, too.
Quote Reply