Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orca 3.8 vs Predator?
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried both?
Reading on the Orca site, both mention '.88 technology' and both mention having some .5mm neoprene, but doesn't really specify where (at least, not for the 3.8).
I did read Dan's article a while ago on Orca, but it didn't really specify the differences between these two, other than to say most people would likely go with 3.8....

Wondering if there is a big difference in the shoulder area, and how much buoyancy you lose going from the 3.8 to predator...

Thx!
Quote Reply
Re: Orca 3.8 vs Predator? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: Jimmy0077: Nov 22, 19 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Orca 3.8 vs Predator? [Jimmy0077] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From a brief look the answer seems to be pretty much 'none' (??) As the key panels that give lift (front upper leg, front body panel, torso side panels) are the same thickness across both diagrams (I'm assuming the lower diagram is for the predator).

And the big real difference seems to be the shoulder panels using 0.88free on the predator.
Do folks agree ?

The OP's question is one I was interested in - I'm currently in a 3+ year old 3.8 that is used a lot (inc through winters) and its getting tired on the shoulder panels - the material's surface is breaking down. But I've no complaints.. Its had a LOT of use.
So I've been pondering whether to go for another 3.8 or go for the more expensive predator.
Wonder what the longevity of the Predator is.
Quote Reply
Re: Orca 3.8 vs Predator? [BobAjobb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the bottom is the predator, it looks like it has 5mm in parts of the lower leg, where the 3.8 seems to list 2mm in that section. Seems opposite of what I would have expected. But I don't completely trust these charts...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Anyone tried both?
Reading on the Orca site, both mention '.88 technology' and both mention having some .5mm neoprene, but doesn't really specify where (at least, not for the 3.8).
I did read Dan's article a while ago on Orca, but it didn't really specify the differences between these two, other than to say most people would likely go with 3.8....

Wondering if there is a big difference in the shoulder area, and how much buoyancy you lose going from the 3.8 to predator...

Thx!

I have them both, shop owner so easy access, first of all there is a sizing difference. I’m 185 cm at 74 - 75 kg. Fit perfect in the 3.8 in size 6, but need a MT in the Predator. There is no significant loss to feel, or actually, nothimg at all in buoyance in the legs. Both are extremely flexible in the shoulder area, but the Predator brings it up another level. If it fit’s you right. Even the deboer wetsuit is, for me, not as flexible in the shoulder. But....the Predator is slightly colder due to the thin material on the arms.

Overall, the Predator, even in the larger MT size, is a bit more snugg then the 3.8 in the size 6. But that is something I like.
Both are really great suits, but this season the Predator was really, really great.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's Dan latest Orca article. I know he's written a few and this one is harder to find on the ST site. If you've not read it here it is and if you have well hopefully it helps someone:

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ok_at_Orca_7317.html

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply