Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Orbea Ordu Wind Tunnel
Quote | Reply
Does that bike that Starky rides test discernably different than say a P5 or a Speed Concept? Just curious really.
Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu Wind Tunnel [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Does that bike that Starky rides test discernably different than say a P5 or a Speed Concept? Just curious really.

It's pretty hard to beat the P5-6...still. With all the bike only data I have, only Cervelo has managed to top themselves.

The Ordu was written up on the front page several years ago. If you search you should find that write up.

I'd put in in that upper tier of bikes if it fits you.

The very top teir would be the Cervelo P5x probably the P3x as well.
Then you get to the P5-6 and probably the SC.
You've got the next tier anchored by the Premier tactical and some other bikes, then literally 2-3 watts below that the Canyon and a slew of other bikes.
Then another 2-4w drop and there are tons of bikes here. I suspect the Ordu would be in this group or the Canyon group.

You should read this It'll help you start to rank bikes. Don't discount bikes like the Plasma 3 premium or Plasma 5 either. The 3 w/ some mods is >4w from a P5-6 on a sweep and on par if not faster than the Plasma 5.

One of the problems with testing bikes is that most triathletes put so much crap on their bikes and in dumb places that it often negates a lot of the benefits of the faster bike. Sure it's still a faster bike than an equally loaded down Cervelo P3C. Just bc you can hang 5 bottles on your bike doesn't mean you should for racing. For training sure go ahead.

The TLDR version is it's decently fast and one should think ahead about their needs on the bike before they race so they can take just what they need and not the entire fridge

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Orbea Ordu Wind Tunnel [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Appreciate it DD. Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Orbeas own testing had it close to the SC (ahead at some yaws, behind on other) but they never released that info and obviously self testing is prone to a certain amount of bias
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to an Ordu last season for several reasons. The geo fit my needs, I really like the look of the stem/steerer cutout, plenty of clearance for wide tires/rims, dual bottle cages for training, nice flat kit integration with their draft box, super easy exposed brakes for wrenching.

What I ended up really likely after riding it for a year: The super wide fork is incredibly stable in cross winds. Coming from my P4, I lost lots of confidence riding in the wind and the Orbea has really helped bring that confidence.

It may be somewhat slower than other bikes, but I ride mine more confidently and it is very easy to work on.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply