Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Options for Zwift Training and Lemond Revolution
Quote | Reply
I am enjoying the direct drive aspect of my Lemond Revolution but believe I am missing out on some of the enjoyment and motivation that Zwift seems to provide a lot of ST users. Since it's a direct drive trainer there is no back wheel speed sensor that I can utilize for virtual power to input - any suggestions on how to make my current setup work so I can use Zwift? I know I can always upgrade to a smart trainer but the finances are a consideration and I hate to see a perfectly operating direct drive trainer go to waste.
Quote Reply
Re: Options for Zwift Training and Lemond Revolution [Hammer50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lemond used to make an ANT+ speed sensor that attached to the tab at the top next to the pulley. It came with/drove the PowerPilot computer. Perhaps you could still find one somewhere?

Failing that, you ought to be able to cobble together a mount for a standard speed sensor. The magnets should already be imbedded in the pulley.

The last trick would be figuring out what wheel diameter to assume, but with a bit of trial and error you could get there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There were 2 types of sensor made for the Revolution. The first one, which worked with the original PowerPilot, isn't ANT+ protocol and so is close to useless. I have one.... Later on, a second sensor was developed that used ANT+, but they are very hard to find.

I use a Revolution with Garmin Vector pedals and take the power output from those. This seems to work on most of these electronic platforms and has the benefit of having a power meter for outside riding too.
Quote Reply
Re: Options for Zwift Training and Lemond Revolution [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank based power meter, much more accurate than speed based if you care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great suggestions thus far - thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Options for Zwift Training and Lemond Revolution [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew Coggan wrote:
Lemond used to make an ANT+ speed sensor that attached to the tab at the top next to the pulley. It came with/drove the PowerPilot computer. Perhaps you could still find one somewhere?

Failing that, you ought to be able to cobble together a mount for a standard speed sensor. The magnets should already be imbedded in the pulley.

The last trick would be figuring out what wheel diameter to assume, but with a bit of trial and error you could get there.

I taped a regular ANT+ speed sensor on the top of the Revolution "pylon" to pick up the embedded magnet in the large pulley. Works fine. Since that pulley is directly attached to the cassette, whatever rollout you use outside works.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply