Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Opinions on the di2 single button shifters for shimano
Quote | Reply
I assume they work the same as the double button but one side shifts up and one down the RD and both do the FD?
I have my hands so close together that this seems like a better option than pinching my fingers together to try and shift the double button ones.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on the di2 single button shifters for shimano [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, that is SRAM etap.
With single button shifters you have three choices:
  1. 1X, thus no need to shift the front
  2. shift the front only from the brakes
  3. synchroshift

Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on the di2 single button shifters for shimano [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok. I knew ETAP did that. Was just curious if this was the same sort of thing. I guess not!
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on the di2 single button shifters for shimano [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, sorry.
However...it really isn't that big of a deal.

If you get the double button shifters, you'll rarely mis-shift. There is enough space and they are big enough to hit the one you want.

If you get single, how often are you changing the front ring? At turnarounds and steep hills...so when you are on the brake hoods anyway?

Synchroshift is pretty dang cool too. You can customize the crossover point, forcing it to cross chain pretty hard if you like.

My bike came with single buttons, but I immediately swapped them for double. With a couple years on the bike, I definitely would not have bothered, even before synchroshift.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on the di2 single button shifters for shimano [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesomesauce. Thanks for the advice and Looks like I will be sticking with the dubbs!
Quote Reply