Login required to post replies

Post deleted by el gato
Re: Opinions on helmet "fit" for my back shape [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, can't comment on your question...just wondering what saddle your using
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks pretty good. Solid bike fit, solid head position, and the helmet seems to complement the position nicely.

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're not going to test don't worry about it. Trying to find a helmet that matches your back and thinking that will make you faster is a fools errand.
We've seen plenty of people where the tail up a bit vs flush on the back is faster and we've seen that exact helmet be faster when it's not flush and faster when it is flush.
You may want to lower your head instead of holding it so high

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone.

@teichs42 - it's a Specialized Power saddle. So far it's *just* OK. I hated it on my road bike, but so far I'm liking it better than the ISM it replaced on the tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want your bike... ;)

Try turtling. Move your head down without changing the angle of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on helmet "fit" for my back shape [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
I want your bike... ;)

Not a chance! I love my P4! :-)

rruff wrote:
Try turtling. Move your head down without changing the angle of it.

Head position has been a little bit of a tightrope for me lately. I can definitely ride comfortably with my head lower, but I can't seem to see far enough down the road with the lower head position to have a decent enough sightline to ride safely. No matter how I try to hold my head, it seems that I end up in one of three situations: a) I drop my head and am in what feels like a really aero position but can only see about 10 feet in front of me; b) I drop my head and crane my neck (turtle) so I can see further down the road, but I'm really straining my eyes upwards to see down the road and I end up with blurry/double vision and a sore neck after a couple of hours, or c) I ride in a slightly less optimal head position but with much less neck and eye strain (which is the position I was trying to ride in, in the video). I'm sure there's a trick to finding the sweet spot to riding with a lower head without the neck/eye strain... I just haven't found it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is definitely a tradeoff. I only do TTs and usually simple courses, so I don't need to see very far up the road. My normal sustainable gaze is only ~20ft in front, with an occasional glance farther up. Your position looks good though, and I don't know that your head position and helmet are even a problem. You might get people with experience aero testing the Aerohead if you start a thread with that in the title.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be interested to see how you might test with your hands and forearms angled up slightly to help redirect some airflow around the side of your body instead of it running into the pocket like space that exists between your chest and legs/top tube
Quote Reply