Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Opinions on Blue Triad Elite SP
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone,

I have the opportunity of getting a Blue Triad Elite SP for $1,750 brand new, which I think is a pretty good deal, though I'm not very familiar of the characteristics of the bike. I'm thinking its pretty aero compared to the 2014 Kestrel Talon I am currently using.

I was wondering if anyone has any opinions of this bike, regarding fit, handling, aero, etc. I'm mostly concerned with the fit, as I don't really want to ride "tall and short".

I have attached a still image of my current bike fit as a PDF file (picture is too large to upload apparently). My stack and reach are approximately 60 and 46 cm respectively, with a seat height of approximately 73 cm.

Does anyone have any suggestions on better "dedicated" tribikes for better value? I do love the fancier bikes with integrated storage, nutrition, and hydration, though they are always way out of my budget.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Blue Triad Elite SP [iNELLEK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears to me that you must be a very tall athlete based on your measurements. My initial concern with the Blue is that the largest size won't be big enough especially because it looks to be a special stem on the bike limiting the adjustability of the front end of the bike. I am not very familiar with Blue but I would guess it will be difficult to make the bike longer without really messing around with the front end. However if you can get long enough I think you will be able to get low enough. The way the bars mount on that front end will allow you to get very low even if the stack measurement appears large.

As for bikes with better values I would start here: https://www.slowtwitch.com/...ikes_2018/index.html and specifically Dan's 'Entry-level-Plus' article which is followed by more detailed write-ups of the specific bikes. The MSRP of most of these bikes is very similar to the MSRP of the Blue although I suspect the real world prices of the bikes are higher than $1750 even if you can find one on discount.
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Blue Triad Elite SP [iNELLEK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, no photo attached, but assuming that 60/46 is pad stack/reach, you're within the range of "normal" drop for your saddle height.

Given that, I'd see no reason why a Medium in this frame wouldn't work - given how the spacers and pads interact, it should be relatively easy to hit 60/46 for pad numbers.

I loved my old Blue. Probably my favorite bike I've ever ridden, if I'm honest.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Opinions on Blue Triad Elite SP [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry about the picture, should be uploaded now. I'm actually not that tall, I'm about 5'7 riding a size 52 Kestrel. I think I can also get a new Fuji Norcom Straight for $1,600-$1,700 as another option, still not sure though.

Quote Reply