Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Open Water Swimming Practice - Northants
Quote | Reply
I am a researcher working on behalf of the Rockingham Forest Trust. They are handling the development of the Stanwick Lakes site on the A45 near Rushden.

Once Hansen move out in a few months, the plan is to create a new country park area.

One aspect of this involves possibly opening up the old Railway line to Thrapston as a Right of Way for Horses Bikes and walkers. This is alongside the 5 lakes and numerous trails within the site.

Basically we'd like to find out how many groups or individuals would use a site like this.

Runners are a key outdoor group we would like to attract to the site, however with the growing popularity of Triathlon, we were wondering if there is a demand for locations that can offer running and open water swimming on the same site?

So, please tell us

If you live locally, would you use it?

Where do you run / swim at the moment?

Are there any particular facilities you'd like to see at the site that would encourage is use?

What sort of facilities would make it a suitable venue for a competition?

Many thanks in anticipation

Quote Reply
Re: Open Water Swimming Practice - Northants [Researcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to run then swim. You need lots of water fountains and clean, stocked bathrooms to attract runners. The running paths need to be kept clean also.
Quote Reply
Re: Open Water Swimming Practice - Northants [Pam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks PamWater fauntains and well surfaced paths..

Anything else:

Showers

Lockers

Changing facilities - what do you expect

Are you all too fit to use a cafe / bar afterwards?
Quote Reply
Re: Open Water Swimming Practice - Northants [Researcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure loads of people would be keen to use the facilities. Sounds like a perfect venue for a race.

If you want more UK Triathlon links & contacts send me a e-mail to michael@pag1.co.uk.

M
Quote Reply