Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Open New UP with front derailler?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone provide me with a picture of what the cable routing out of the hole in the frame above the BB looks like?
I understand it to be the cable passes through 15 mm of plastic tubing outside of the frame from the BB cable guide with a little black cable cover (condom;) over it where it passes through the hole, but I am not really sure.
Putting this bike together is very tricky.

Also any tips for doing the hydraulic brake hose install? Out of the box the calipers are already attached to the hoses (SRAM), I interpret I have to "cut" the hose at the caliper (is there a way to disconnect, rather than cut) and then route the hose and re-attach the caliper. This sounds like it is going to be a huge mess, any pro tips on how to manage this?
Last edited by: tri_yoda: Apr 24, 18 12:54
Quote Reply
Re: Open New UP with front derailler? [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does this help at all?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6iVcNIHK8LtOTZcfozn4_UcQLrLBS9rc

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Does this help? Let me know if you need more I can send tonight
Last edited by: swimfan: Apr 25, 18 6:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:
Can anyone provide me with a picture of what the cable routing out of the hole in the frame above the BB looks like?
I understand it to be the cable passes through 15 mm of plastic tubing outside of the frame from the BB cable guide with a little black cable cover (condom;) over it where it passes through the hole, but I am not really sure.

Also any tips for doing the hydraulic brake hose install? Out of the box the calipers are already attached to the hoses (SRAM), I interpret I have to "cut" the hose at the caliper (is there a way to disconnect, rather than cut) and then route the hose and re-attach the caliper. This sounds like it is going to be a huge mess, any pro tips on how to manage this?

Looks like you've got help on the FD cable routing. I can't help on that one because both U.P. builds in my house are Di2.

I did just build my wife's New U.P. up with SRAM eTap Hydraulics. You will break the hydraulic hoses at the brifter end. The end barbs on the SRAMs are factory pressed into the inside of the hoses so these will be tossed with the cut off hose sections. You can pull the compression collets (olives?) for reuse. Typically SRAM will include a couple of the hose barbs and olives reinforcement nipples with your brake kit. If you don't have these I believe they are offered as them as Thingamajig kit with barbs, olives and a torx wrench for the barbs.

I found the SRAM hydraulic set up pretty easy to work with. I did have to find longer flat mount brake bolts for the front brake. Routing the front brake hose was also a bit challenging, but I used some of my aerobar cable routing tricks to get it done.

We love our U.P.'s!
Quote Reply
Re: Open New UP with front derailler? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
I did have to find longer flat mount brake bolts for the front brake.

Me too. I was a little surprised they would send out bolts that don't work. They sent me 32 mm, after I contacted them they said I need 37 mm. They spec titanium bolts, so I don't understand the point of sending out $15 bolts that can't be used for anything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri_yoda wrote:

Yes, pay someone who does this on a regular basis to do it, you'll be happy you did ;-)

It sounds like you've got the Force1 or Rival1 HRD group. You'll need the Sram bleed kit, dot grease, and some dot fluid. Their online video is pretty helpful, but if this is your first time, you may end up having to do it more than once.
Quote Reply