Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

On-Running Shoes--How many miles?
Quote | Reply
Curious, how many miles are you getting from your On-Running Shoes? I run on the Cloudflow and have a bit over 400 and seem pretty good.
Quote Reply
Re: On-Running Shoes--How many miles? [MadisonMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You will get one guy on here saying anywhere from 2,000 to 4,000
I would say most get 600-800. Some more, depending on size, weight, surface ect
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
200-300 before the aches and niggles start to set in. Cosmetically the shoes always look much better than they feel. Love them but having a hard time to justify the price given how frequently I need to replace them. I've been stocking up when I find a model I like on sale but don't know how long that will be an effective strategy.
Quote Reply
Re: On-Running Shoes--How many miles? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2,000-4,000? WOW!!!

I think the 600 is about right
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do your feet a favour and treat them to some Altras :-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think they recommend replacing shoes between 350-500 miles. That being said, I put about 550 miles on my last pair of Clouds.
Quote Reply
Re: On-Running Shoes--How many miles? [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried them before the On-Running.....Didn't like the wide toe box
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MadisonMan wrote:
Curious, how many miles are you getting from your On-Running Shoes? I run on the Cloudflow and have a bit over 400 and seem pretty good.
They all have EVA midsoles, so compression will start to show before 400Km. Then it depends if you mind it or not. If you don't mind the ridiculous toebox, who knows what your opinion will be on the midsole (ahah).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Metric system here. After 300km the fabric at the (inner/inside) of the heel started to tear. Think I would get more than 500km out of them. That, combined with their high price, makes me look for other options.

I might be paying for a repair (can be done for about 30 euro a pair I guess) to get some more miles out of them (or actually, kilometers) : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm kinda heavy, 180 lbs, so i got less than 400 miles out of mine. Pretty disappointing for such an expensive shoe. I literally wore through some of the clouds.
Quote Reply
Re: On-Running Shoes--How many miles? [Cnasta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cnasta wrote:
Metric system here. After 300km the fabric at the (inner/inside) of the heel started to tear. Think I would get more than 500km out of them. That, combined with their high price, makes me look for other options.

I might be paying for a repair (can be done for about 30 euro a pair I guess) to get some more miles out of them (or actually, kilometers) : )

Having the exact same problem with inner wear at the heel at 100 (!) miles. First pair was warrantied but now the second has the exact same problem. Love running in the cloud flows but I can’t see buying another pair without figuring out how to reinforce the heel.
Quote Reply
Re: On-Running Shoes--How many miles? [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One side of mine also ripped through the heel around 130 miles. Also, the bottoms seem to deteriorate pretty quickly. Have a few pairs, but think I’m done with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done 400 km with my CloudSurfer until now.
They are in very good shape. Probably still 200 km or more to be done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah...I told the guy he was full of shit.....he should show up
Quote Reply
Re: On-Running Shoes--How many miles? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the cloud surfers. I get around 500 miles before the tread starts to crack around the inner front. Certain colors go on sale for $59 from time to time. I load up on them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I get whichever's on sale at Famous Footwear/Payless/DSW/etc. Although the asics I'm in now were a sweet deal at the outlet

I'm fortunate not to have any sort of bio mechanical issues serious enough to warrant spending more than $60 for a pair of hi-tech bobos that could last me 800 miles or so

YMMV - literally

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply