Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Oldest man under a min in 100 free
Quote | Reply
Pretty amazing at 65 to go 59.88 LCM in the 100 free.

https://swimswam.com/...q5uoNC7DJdhG0t-RpujY
Last edited by: Hastiin: Jun 13, 19 9:16
Quote Reply
Re: Oldest man under a min in 100 free [Hastiin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mind was totally thinking SCY and guessing high 70s and then saw the LCM and.... "whooaaaaa"

that's awesome

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow and that was LCM!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have gotten to watch him swim a lot over the years, we are in the same age group every 3 years. Lucky for me I dont swim his events, but then again, there is just someone else like him in the other ones. Guy in the 65+ goes 4;30 400 IM SCY. There are some truly amazing swims in that group still, thinking I will have to wait until I'm 70 to be a podium threat again..

Ya, and I wonder how many here thought it was going to be yards!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Oldest man under a min in 100 free [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mind was totally thinking SCY and guessing high 70s and then saw the LCM and.... "whooaaaaa"

that's awesome //

So you got me thinking, and I just couldn't imagine a late 70 year old breaking a minute for 100 yards, so here are the results. Seems 75 is the cutoff, two guys have gone 58+ at that age, but then no one after that. One guy did it 10 years ago, so he is not a factor, but the other did it this year, so maybe he will be the oldest at 76 next year? Certainly Jack will have the potential, but of course the next 10 years are full of land mines for masters athletes.

https://www.usms.org/comp/meets/alltime_top_times.php?CourseID=1&Sex=M&AgeGroupID=12&Distance=100&StrokeID=1&onePerSwimmer=1
Quote Reply
Re: Oldest man under a min in 100 free [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the 4:30 400 SCY IM impresses me more than the sub 60 100 free. That's hauling ass.

I'd pay to watch a 76 year old dude crack 60 in the 100.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked it up, and Frank Meza holds that record.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply